Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Mirror adjuster for manual driver side mirror and other interior parts questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mirror adjuster for manual driver side mirror and other interior parts questions

The thing that adjust my mirror broke, first the **** fell out and i was able to adjust it by sticking it in there, adjusting it, and taking it back out. that has stopped working so now i need to replace that piece and i have no idea what it's called or if it's even sold separately. I can find them still attached to a mirror assembly but not by themselves.

This would be for a 91 RS

also I want to replace my steering wheel with something aftermarket (no air-bag) and not too expensive and i was curious what everyone else was doing.

and i want to replace the top of my dashboard because it's cracked in 4 different places with spider cracks all the way from the source. I don't really want to just cover it up but depending on prices i may have to. looking for links and suggestions.

I've done a lot of research but these are the parts that I seem to be having trouble either finding or committing to.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts
Car: '02 T/A WS6, '91 T/A, '91 Camaro RS
Engine: LS1, LB9, L03
Transmission: T56, 700R4, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4.10 10 bolt, 2.73 10 bolts
Re: Mirror adjuster for manual driver side mirror and other interior parts questions

If you're on a budget, you might try a used earlier style 3rd gen Camaro steering wheel. They're a lot cheaper than a decent aftermarket wheel, and they look totally correct to anyone that doesn't know that every 1990-newer passenger car sold in the U.S. had to have either a driver's airbag or automatic seatbelts. I went that route for my 91 T/A as the previous owner of my car had pulled off the entire upper half of the leather covering on mine, and I never liked the look of the early airbag wheels (where the wheel was designed around the airbag). Don't forget to take out the bulb for the airbag light in the cluster unless you want it lit up all the time.

I'd try to find a decent used dashpad as well. Not sure where you're at, but the Pull-a-Part chains here in the south are a goldmine for used 3rd gen parts. $30 is pretty much the top price they charge for any part for any car. I paid $40 for my used steering wheel (eBay), and probably $20 for a near-perfect dash pad.