Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Hunsaker Seats & Custom Seat Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 350 L98
Transmission: 700R4
Hunsaker Seats & Custom Seat Brackets

I've got some Hunsaker "Synchro" seats waiting to go in my '89 IROC, and I'm going to need some 'custom' brackets made to fit the stock mounting bolts on the floor.

I looked at some of the other companies that make brackets specifically for our cars, but Corbeau won't sell brackets without seats any more, and I don't know that they'd match my seat mounts anyway, and the Scat ones from Summit don't look like they'd work for what I need.

It took me ages to find, but I found a fabrication shop online that has a list of seat brackets they've done before for cars and seats, and they can mix and match or custom as needed (i.e. seat make/model bracket that fits in your specific car). (They are HERE if anyone wants to take a look.)

Just curious if anyone knows of any other brackets that work in our cars, or of shops that will fab some. I'm basically looking for a solid piece to replace the main area on the stock bracket. Hard to explain without visuals, but there is a "piece" formed by the front mount, rear mount, and the slider used as the middle piece. What I'm looking for is to duplicate that structure with a solid piece of metal stock bent to match the angles, with the rear "foot" welded on (probably the only option). The goal would be to have 2 flat surfaces where the stock sliders used to be so I could drill mounting holes for the new sliders.

If anyone has any leads, or maybe just needs a clearer picture of what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll break out the digicam.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2002 GS300 Sport Design
Engine: 3.0L 2JZGE
Transmission: 5-Speed Shiftable Automatic
Re: Hunsaker Seats & Custom Seat Brackets

he was up dude do you still have those seats in your car by any chance bro?