History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

1984 Trans Am Limited Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 04:43 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 Trans Am Limited Edition?

Hello Everyone! i am currently looking at getting a 1984 Trans Am, that has been sitting for about 22 years. although i have researched everywhere cant seem to find out anything about this car/package. as you can see in the photos below it says that it is a Limited edition on the door handles and on the key hole. The spoiler looks different. The rims also don't appear to be Trans Am wheels but it doesn't seem like it is just a regular firebird either. the Trans Am stickers appear to be in the correct placement, it has a 305 V8 and the interior seems like it is a Trans Am interior. what do you guys think, any info at all on if the 1984 Trans Am Limited Edition would be great! Thank you for your time!

Old 09-07-2021, 10:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 1,312 Posts
Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere
Re: 1984 Trans Am Limited Edition?

There is no "Trans Am Limited Edition",

Those door handle stickerzzzzz were a VERY POPULAR AutoZone / JC Whitney / Western Auto "dress up item" back in the day. Just, crap you could buy at the corner store and stick on your car. Nothing. A whole bunch of NOTHING.

I suggest you take them off, maybe clean up whatever goo the glue left as residue using lacquer thinner, and concentrate on the dirt instead of that crap. Although, you can't reall use LT on the paint, so maybe on those places you'll need to use a sequence of Goo Gone, WD-40, and denatured alcohol; one after the other, until all their scum is gone.

To look at it, the car might clean up OK. Hard to say for sure until you strip off all those 40 yrs of artificial layers and see what's underneath. Looks like there's a good chance it'll clean up REAL GOOD if you're careful and meticulous and not too greedy for instant gratification, though.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:58 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 261 Likes on 187 Posts
Re: 1984 Trans Am Limited Edition?

Originally Posted by murphcb96
Hello Everyone! i am currently looking at getting a 1984 Trans Am, that has been sitting for about 22 years. although i have researched everywhere cant seem to find out anything about this car/package. as you can see in the photos below it says that it is a Limited edition on the door handles and on the key hole. The spoiler looks different. The rims also don't appear to be Trans Am wheels but it doesn't seem like it is just a regular firebird either. the Trans Am stickers appear to be in the correct placement, it has a 305 V8 and the interior seems like it is a Trans Am interior. what do you guys think, any info at all on if the 1984 Trans Am Limited Edition would be great! Thank you for your time!
1984 was the 15th Anniversary for the Trans Am and so there was a 15th Anniversary Edition, which was all white with blue accents.

Additionally, there appears to have been a zone promotion that had a 500 Limited Edition. It contained 500 Limited Edition Sail Panel graphics and a few other minor appearances:
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/hist...0-limited.html

But to go back to sofakingdom's post, what you appear to have is an aftermarket sticker from the discount auto store back in the day.