History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Does anyone reproduce door VIN/RPO stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 83 Z28
Engine: 305 CrossFire Injection
Does anyone reproduce door VIN/RPO stickers?

I'm going to replace both doors on my 83 due to rust. Does anyone reproduce the VIN or RPO stickers? LOL I don't want to lug around my old door to prove to people what options my car came with and so on...

Please be patient with me as I continue to bug everyone about stuff for my ride. I'm gonna do a thorough resto on my car. My dad ordered this 83 Z28 in late 82, and took delivery in 11/82. It's white, blue cloth interior, CrossFire, 4 wheel disc, loaded with cool little options like dual horns, side mouldings, door edge guards, .locking rear cargo cover, etc...no T-tops, cruise, power mirrors, power seat, or rear wiper. That's how he wanted it. He drove it (barely) for 4 years, and then gave it to me. I drove it until 12/92 and then sold it (dummy) to buy my first Jeep CJ-7. I've regretted it ever since.

Well, back in May 08, I was surfing Craigslist and I saw an ad for a car that looked an awful lot like our old one. Went to look at it, took about 10 seconds to realize it was our old car, beat the guy up a little on price, and took it home.

I'd have been wayyyyyyyyyy ahead if I'd kept it. The car's been beaten on a bit. The ram-air hood is gone (not for long, though), body has rusty doors and some dents/dings, dash pad is cracked (ugh, these are 82-83 only, right?), and it runs like garbage. Still, it's back home, and I'll never sell it again. My wife and I went on our first date in that car back in high school. It was my dad's "dream car" when he ordered it.

My plans are to put it back to stock appearance, upgrade the suspension a bit, and build as powerful a 350 CFI motor as I can. I want to keep the CFI and ram-air hood. I'll upgrade the rear end and tranny accordingly, too. I want to keep the engine compartment looking stock except for headers. Pretty much, I just want a little bit "new and improved" version of what I had back then. I cannot wait to get started, but my wife's 64 Plymouth 'vert resto comes first...that was part of the deal, LOL.

Last edited by not a charger; 01-16-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt w/ 4.10 gears
Re: Does anyone reproduce door VIN/RPO stickers?

I don't know if anyone reproduces them, but you might want to try to take as good of a digital picture of it as you can and have a new one printed. After taking the picture, you can try carefully to remove the sticker with a razor blade... and if it comes off in good condition, scanning it would give an even better result.
I wish you luck with your project. I love hearing stories about people finding a car they used to have as a teenager or their father's old car... and you did both!