History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

OK Guys, Whats Your Highest Speeding Ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Guys, Whats Your Highest Speeding Ticket?

I don't know what forum this should go in, but what are your highest speeding tickets?
I'm looking for highest absolute mph (or km/h for our international friends), and highest mph(km/h) over the speed limit.

Old 06-30-2001, 01:55 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1987 Z28 Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5-speed
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 85 - LG4:
I don't know what forum this should go in....</font>
That's because this is purely non-tech and we do not have a non-tech board here. Please go to

http://www.nethirdgen.org

to satisfy all your non-tech urges.

Willie

Old 06-30-2001, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one night (may 9th)i was driving home with my friend on this road doing 61 in a 35 and a cop passed me going the opposite way and obviously clocked me, turns his lights on, and busts a u-turn coming for my a$$. well i had had a few drinks, figured i would fail the breathalizer (sp?), and just decided to take off. i turned into a subdivision with this cop pretty far behind me, then to my dismay i see a second cop coming at me, so i made a left and cut him off...sure enough he puts his lights and sirens on too and chases me (officer count = 2). i figured it was about time to turn my lights off so that they wouldn't be able to read my tags from a distance (cause i had some pretty good distance on them both). so, i was basically sh*tting my pants (my friend was too) and one way or another i out ran both of them and made it home to my garage with i quickly shut. the next morning i realized that not only was that the stupidest thing i have ever done but i am lucky i am not in jail.
******* 3 weeks later******
im on my way home from the movies with my girlfriend when a cop passes me going the opposite direction (naturally everytime i saw a cop i got nervous). so im watching him and sure enough he busts a u-turn and follows me. my girlfriend is still talking to me oblivious to the situation, until he finally puts his lights on and pullls me over, which this time i DID stop. Needless to say this guy was PISSED. It turns out that this was the guy i ran from and his backup officer was telling me how he was an ex-FBI agent (??? what the hll is he a police officer now for...isn't that like a demotion?). So hes telling me all this stuff about all the stop signs i ran and doing like 90 in the neighborhoods, and how hes got it all on camera. i was just sitting there nodding my head to it all. but to make a long story short he ended up giving me a $147 ticket for going 61 in a 35 and because its 26 miles over it has to be tripled to be taken off of my read ($441!!!!), and im still waiting to go to court for me fleeing and attempting to allude charge.
looking back on it all, i think i might be reatarded? oh well, dont drink and drive.
-pat