History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Chevy Bowtie logo history !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Camaro 1990
Engine: 352pc. 380hp.
Transmission: 700-R4
Chevy Bowtie logo history !!!

Is there someone here who have a link to a web page or web site where i can get some pics and history of the chevy Bowtie logo. If possible i want to see the changes of that logo in years since 1914. Thank very much !!

I would like to put a year on those logos and others i have...

Thank's again !!

Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: 91 Z28 & 21 Hellcat Challenger
Engine: L98, Hemi 6.2
i like the Red Chevy Bowtie the best
Old 04-13-2009, 09:00 PM

Car: 89 FireBird
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: AUTO
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Re: Chevy Bowtie logo history !!!

http://www.chevrolet.com.pk/index.ph...d=12&Itemid=30
Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 PM

Car: 88 IROC Z Vert CZA3
Engine: LB9 5.0 tpi
Transmission: MM5 5 spd
Axle/Gears: G92 Performance

Nice link; thanks. One question though from this apparently ignorant Camaro fan - what the heck is a Camaro I ( 1985: Camaro I and Astro Van was introduced)?

p.s. I have always loved Chevrolet and it saddens me what's happened to GM. I remeber how excited I was when they used to debut new models on "Bonanza" every year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HvkrYIIwo

Last edited by gatorcola; 04-13-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 AM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

It's a typo. it should read the Camaro IROC-Z introduced.

Also, this is not from an ignorant Camaro fan as it is from Chevrolet's own website. It's documented by the GM Media Archives.

Lastly, the issues with GM today are not entirely due to GMs mismanagement as so many want us to believe. GM launched a campaign many years ago to provide their employees with great benefits and retirment. This was done in a time when these things could be offered. What happened, is the gov't (FDA) allows so much garbage and chemicals in our food and push the use of drugs for every possible thing that the health insurance costs have risen beyond anyone's original thought. If you can't sleep, take this, if you can't wake up, take this, if you have gas, take this, if you want gas, take this, etc. Also, people are living longer today which means pensions are paying out longer. GM tried being nable and providing their employees with a good life.

Pensions and medical money are not put in the bank. They are invested in other companies to create more money from a growing economy. In the last 10 years, the technology stocks have crashed, we were attacked in NYC costing Billions to repair, the stock market itself crashed, the banking industry and mortgage industry go really greedy and crashed and the gov't allowed oil to become a commodity which drove prices of crude to levels unheard of. Everybody else's greed caused multiple industries to fail, which in turn, hurt the Big 3. Did the Big 3 focus alot on SUVs and trucks? Yes, because the American buyer wanted them and bought alot of them. It wasn't GMs fault that gas went to $4+ a gallon. It's not GMs fault that the banking industry crashed and stopped lending money for new cars and houses. It's not GM's fault that the stock market crashed. They got caught in the middle. It will all clear up soon and we will be able to buy again and GM will prevail.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:58 AM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

Let me add one more piece to my rant....

Why is it that GM is so wrong in providing health care and pensions to employees that served them for 20 - 30 years, but our gov't provides free health insurance and lifetime salaries to Senators and Congress when they only pulled 1 term? Sound very hypocritical to me!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 AM

Car: 88 IROC Z Vert CZA3
Engine: LB9 5.0 tpi
Transmission: MM5 5 spd
Axle/Gears: G92 Performance

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
It's a typo. it should read the Camaro IROC-Z introduced.

Also, this is not from an ignorant Camaro fan as it is from Chevrolet's own website. It's documented by the GM Media Archives.
Thanks; but to be clear, I would like to point out that the ignorant fan to whom I refer is Me.

As for my comment that it saddens me about what's happened to GM, I refer to their loss of market share, the severe financial stress they are in, and the loss of their All American mystic - "baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet"; to name a few.

There is plenty of blame to go around for this sad state of affairs and there are plenty of heartbroken individuals as a result. I do; however, take a little comfort that every car & truck that I have purchased for myself or my company was/is a GM.