Group Purchases Take part in, suggest, or discuss Group Purchases here. Make sure to read the rules before doing so.

FULL L.E.D. DIGITAL TAILS

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Buick GN
Engine: Turbo V6
Transmission: 200R4
Axle/Gears: Stock
Re: FULL L.E.D. DIGITAL TAILS

Originally Posted by Tice
Haha, Why does it say you haven't posted, Boosted? Weird.
Well, I'm bummed to hear that I can't use the 84's on my 92... But, you say there's a way to make it work, KITT? Could you PM me a link or a procedure telling me how to do this swap? Much appreciated.
I have no clue why it's not counting my posts. That is weird.

Scot W.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Want a title? Post!

Originally Posted by I H8 WWD
What about soemthing like this. I would kill for a kit like this. Kind of inspired by CrazyHawaiian's setup he wanted. But it would definitely look awesome behind KLEARZ lenses.

Let me know what you think boosted?

NOTE: The wrap around is not in this photo. This shows the first three sections from the inside of the tail lights, so reverse section, amber section and brake section.
Well it's up to spaghetti engineering if they want to make any more designs.

Scot W.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89' IROC-Z
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10-Bolt/2.73

Thats okay with me, I just think a full led kit all the way across all three sections would be the ultimate setup (and initially what we all wanted). Add my design and now you open more room for brake lights and a better look for turn signals in sequential mode.

Also since the reverse section isnt used as much adding some brake lights to top and bottom grid section and just keeping the center grid for the reverse led's that would keep down on white led's that wont be used as much, what SE said.

I feel this design would be the best bang for the buck when it comes to a new design from Spaghetti for our cars over the stock style.

I hope they try my style out, I'd really really love to have it that way. Well Im glad they have at least 1 kit for us.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500
Engine: Crossfire 305ci V8
Transmission: Jasper 700R4 4 speed Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.23 limited slip/posi

Originally Posted by Tice
Haha, Why does it say you haven't posted, Boosted? Weird.
Well, I'm bummed to hear that I can't use the 84's on my 92... But, you say there's a way to make it work, KITT? Could you PM me a link or a procedure telling me how to do this swap? Much appreciated.
here you go dude.
http://www.knightreplicas.com/how_to...re_tailli.html
Old 03-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Want a title? Post!

ClassicLEDs here again. I am working on a better video and hope to have it tommorrow. I have someone who knows what to do edit it. By the way, the Crazy Hawaiian style LEDs would be no problem. That would be a custom job. Would take me a few days to build. Larry
Old 03-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by ClassicLEDs
ClassicLEDs here again. I am working on a better video and hope to have it tommorrow. I have someone who knows what to do edit it. By the way, the Crazy Hawaiian style LEDs would be no problem. That would be a custom job. Would take me a few days to build. Larry
Oh really. Hmm, Ill be contacting you after I get my headers for sure. I want the exact design I made. Sorry SE, Larry is kicking *** over here. It will be some time (no more than 1 month from now) as Im hoping for a group buy on headers. If it doesnt work out I will be contacting you for this setup. Thanks a lot.

I dont think Ill want sequential though? We'll talk about that in time due to legal reasons. I will be asking a fellow Officer of my area whether or not I can have them and what the terms are regarding sequential lights. I believe it will be okay as there are a FEW mustangs around my area with sequential tails. Thanks again Larry, you just made my day as it started with a cold shower.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:21 AM

Car: '89 Formula Firebird
Engine: LSX-451 / 705HP
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser Ford 9" with 4.30

How about one or both of these companies start on a kit for 89 formula and firebird owners. There are probably more of them out here.

Eric
Old 03-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Want a title? Post!

Well I hope this works. Here is my attempt to link to my website and the NEW video of my LEDs. http://www.classicleds.com/camaro1982.html You will, (I hope) see the sequence on the bottom section as before along with the brake light operations. Then, you will see the option to put the sequence portion on the top with the brakes on the bottom. Larry
Old 03-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Supreme Member

I like it, but its the bulbs...I just dislike how they project light. I still want to see behind smoked clear grid style lenses, where all bulbs are visible. Also, you forgot reverse I understand it through the pictures. This is really a hard decision...
Old 03-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Iroc-z Convertible

I like the projection and the speed a little better on the SE lights but then again they are still not ready so I guess it comes down to patience if you have to have them now go with Classics kit. not to say it is worse than the SE kit but not my taste. I do have to hand it to Larry though for not taking a freakin year on these things Classics kit looks like the light is scattered to me where as the SE kit is in line but like I said still not available.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:08 AM

Car: 1992 25th anniv. camaro rs
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: stock

Ok i have a question about the led brake lights. This will be for a different vehicle though. Its a 71 K5 blazer. We have led brake lights for it that we just installed and we bought a relay for hoping it would solve the fast blinking issue. Well it did but it only works when you have the running lights off. You turn the lights on and they dont work at all. The wire connection is just like the original bulb that goes into the socket. Can anybody help us out? Were tryin to get this custom rod finished before the next car show.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by rs camaro92
Ok i have a question about the led brake lights. This will be for a different vehicle though. Its a 71 K5 blazer. We have led brake lights for it that we just installed and we bought a relay for hoping it would solve the fast blinking issue. Well it did but it only works when you have the running lights off. You turn the lights on and they dont work at all. The wire connection is just like the original bulb that goes into the socket. Can anybody help us out? Were tryin to get this custom rod finished before the next car show.
by the way that is a nice clasic chevy you have there. but I prefer theb 1971 Ford Bronco "Big Oly" Parnelli Jones

first did you replace the stock flasher with a led flasher

http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/CF12ANL-01.html

second if that does not work

try a load resistor

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

more info on leds here as well:
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto...ghts-side.html

Last edited by KITT1983; 03-14-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Yeah we bought a relay but it did what i described up top. i just ordered another one so hopefully it will work. thanks for your help
Old 03-14-2009, 12:34 PM

Car: Custom 1992 Camaro Z28 25th Anniver
Engine: 5.7L V8 350 L98 TPI

Originally Posted by rs camaro92
Sorry to sound negative but I see this going off topic FAST now.. This should really be posted in a seperate topic. This is a topic based on getting a group purchase on upcoming LED taillights. Those subscribed here who get excited to know there is a post made updating us on the group purchase and the updates between the two companies, will soon get upset because they are finding technical Q&A on someone MAKING their own.

When I see new messages being posted I jump in here pretty quick, but because I think it's a new update on the two companies. I don't want to come here to be disappointed in seeing answers to people questions on their own setup.

Thanks for your understanding :-)
Old 03-15-2009, 11:09 PM

Sorry to disappoint you. This will probably now encourage me to make my own now.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Want a title? Post!

Hey everyone. This is Brian Santilli with Spaghetti Engineering Corp. I just wanted to post pricing on DIGI-TAILS Digital Sequential LED Taillights for the 86-92 IROC'S. 82-92 models TBA. The prices are as follows:

$299.00 taillight kit, which includes four PCB boards per kit (two boards in each housing), two PCB boards with 90 amber LEDS on each and two boards with 99 red LEDs on each for a total of 378 LED's per kit. This kit also includes a PCB LED bulb for the corner light. This kit can also be an all red LED application.

$349.00 full kit: This includes all mentioned in the kit above but this also includes 2 Electronic Flashers and 2 PCB LED Reverse bulbs.

Installation will not require cutting your housing and installation is simple. There is the option of whether or not to use sequential. This is turned on or off with a dip switch located on the back of the boards. So if you want standard mode you can have that as well.

We are out of prototype and into pre-production!! We appreciate everyone's patience over the last several months.
These lights will be available direct from Spaghetti or through any of our dealers including Scot W. at GNSPerformance.com and Mike at MuscleRodz.com.
We will keep everyone posted with the release date. Please sign up for our newsletter at www.spaghettiengineering.com for information, product releases and discounts.

Last edited by spaghetti; 03-19-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Supreme Member

Kickass, cant wait to pick up a set. I will be talking to a local police officer about having these in sequential mode, I dont want to install them then have to remove my lenses again and flip the switch to the OEM way.

Or can the switch be accessed right where the whole for the wires are on the back of the housings? So i could stick a nice long q-tip in and flip. Or are they offset on the boards? Either way wont matter, just wouldnt be cool to flip back and forth every once and a while (maybe for shows then back to stock for the street)

Thanks Brian, its been a long wait. I will also be asking about the all red amber section to see if that is okay to have as well, in which case I may buy the all red kit...thanks thanks thanks.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Want a title? Post!

Kickass, cant wait to pick up a set. I will be talking to a local police officer about having these in sequential mode, I dont want to install them then have to remove my lenses again and flip the switch to the OEM way.

Or can the switch be accessed right where the whole for the wires are on the back of the housings? So i could stick a nice long q-tip in and flip. Or are they offset on the boards? Either way wont matter, just wouldnt be cool to flip back and forth every once and a while (maybe for shows then back to stock for the street)

Thanks Brian, its been a long wait. I will also be asking about the all red amber section to see if that is okay to have as well, in which case I may buy the all red kit...thanks thanks thanks.
The Dip switch should be able to be accessed through the hole where the wires come though your housing by using a longer flat screwdriver. You don't have to completely take apart the taillights to swich them over to Non-Sequential.

Scot W.
GNS Performance.com
Old 03-21-2009, 08:19 AM

I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6g7r2C1H-Q
Old 03-21-2009, 09:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 82 Transam
Engine: 305 soon 383
Transmission: auto.

any idea when the 82-84 firebird taillights are avalible ?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Evil Ed
any idea when the 82-84 firebird taillights are avalible ?
i am waiting too. Larry where are you?
Old 03-22-2009, 05:33 PM

Holy outrageous price Batman, I was really hoping to get these but I can't afford $350 for a full set, and having half of the tail light LED with the smaller kit would just look ghetto IMO.

Looks like I will be attempting to build my own.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by AE Twitch
Holy outrageous price Batman, I was really hoping to get these but I can't afford $350 for a full set, and having half of the tail light LED with the smaller kit would just look ghetto IMO.

wow $350?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Want a title? Post!

The smaller kit is a Full kit!! and with two PCB boards with 90 amber LEDS on each and two boards with 99 red LEDs on each for a total of 378 LED's per kit would hardly look ghetto as you say!

With the $349 kit your getting 2 LED elctronic flashers and 2 PCB LED reverse bulbs which bought seperately would cost $90.00 + shipping charges..

The smaller kit is a FULL kit without the added extras!!

Scot W.
GNS Performance
Old 03-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Want a title? Post!

Originally Posted by KITT1983
wow $350?
$299 OR $350

Scot W.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by boosted6
$299 OR $350

Scot W.
Originally Posted by david068513
I talked to my friend and we are intrested in doing L.E.D tails for camaros or firebirds but we need 30 people first and a set of tails to use as a base. the prices listed aren't for our cars but other cars and info on what they can do for us.
Is Spaghetti making one for the 1982-1984 Pontiac Trans Am?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Want a title? Post!

Is Spaghetti making one for the 1982-1984 Pontiac Trans Am?
There was a poll done on camaro source and the camaro came out way ahead so they went ahead with the camaro lights first. Wether or not they make a set for the Trans Am that is up to them. They can be contacted at the number listed in his post..

Scot W
www.GNSperformance.com
Old 03-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

There was a poll done on camaro source and the camaro came out way ahead so they went ahead with the camaro lights first. Wether or not they make a set for the Trans Am that is up to them. They can be contacted at the number listed in his post..

Scot W
www.GNSperformance.com

Of course the camaro won the poll, it was a site for camaro enthusiasts!!
What number?

Did you try www.knightrideronline.com www.knightregistries.com

www.earlythirdgen.com http://www.firebirdnation.com/forums/

it seems this was biased from the begining
Old 03-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

you fed me rubbish for a year to tell me that you were only inrested in camaro led tailghts.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Has already been posted please read through the thread fully first.

Why I feel $350 isnt bad
My lighting system cost so far

$ 80 for smoked front and side markers (going clear up front another $40)
$100 for diamond cut headlights
$ 50 for APC wiring harness for H4 bulbs
$ 60 for 100/90w Nokyo Bulbs
$ 60 for LED front marker bulbs
$ 20 for LED side marker bulbs and headlight city bulbs
$300 for new rear tail light housings (L&R)
$350 for SE LED Kit
$220 for KLEARZ Smoked Lenses

Total: $1280 so far for my lighting systems some bulbs may not suite my liking as I haven't tried it all out yet so it may rise. Not including labor of install.

Then onto the interior and Ill have completely finished my lighting on the car, and will all be well worth it.

If these last as long as stated I wont be buying any tail light bulbs anytime soon. Also since LEDs take less power it will be that much better for my charging systems (not much, but its there) also they will last way longer than regular bulbs as well.

Take care, cant wait to see them installed onto some of our cars...

Soon....
Old 03-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Want a title? Post!

you fed me rubbish for a year to tell me that you were only inrested in camaro led tailghts.
Sorry but I was never intrested in Anything!!! and for one year I also Never mentioned what years / make or model cars they would be for!! I'm a dealer for the company that manufactures the product and what they feel they want to make, they make.

The number you ask, I thought it was on that post that Brian had done but if you have any further questions for them you can contact them from there site www.spaghettiengineering.com .

Scot W.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Sorry but I was never intrested in Anything!!! and for one year I also Never mentioned what years / make or model cars they would be for!! I'm a dealer for the company that manufactures the product and what they feel they want to make, they make.

The number you ask, I thought it was on that post that Brian had done but if you have any further questions for them you can contact them from there site www.spaghettiengineering.com .

Scot W.
if you were not interseted in anything then why are you posting here
Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Want a title? Post!

if you were not interseted in anything then why are you posting here
Hey man I was simply replying to your post [you fed me rubbish for a year to tell me that you were only inrested in camaro led tailghts].. The answer WAS that I wasn't intrested in any Year, Make or model car like YOU insinuated!!!

I'm done going back and forth with you! Have a nice day!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Want a title? Post!

Hey Guys,
Could we all just get along? This board is not to insult one another, if you don't want to purchase the lights than that is ok. Also Spaghetti Engineering does not in any way knock ClassicLED's lights. We are two totally different companies with different markets. I am sorry if anyone was under the impression that we are bad mouthing ClassicLED's. Thank you Larry for your products and for being humble. Let each individual decide on which lights to purchase.
If you are interested in Digi-Tails, here is the info.
The price of $299.00 is NOT for a half of a kit. This IS our Digi-Tails LED Taillight Kit. It simply doesn't include flashers and LED reverse bulbs. The full kit is something we offer to discount the price of an a la carte order of lights.

It WOULD be priced as follows if we DID NOT have a full kit and were purchased seperatly:
$299.00 LED Taillights (including LED corner marker)
$50.00 LED PCB Reverse Bulbs
$38.00 (2) Electronic Flashers

Please if you are interested and have any questions please contact me direct at 888-867-9309

Thanks,
Brian Santilli
Spaghetti Engineering Corp
Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM

The smaller kit is a Full kit!! and with two PCB boards with 90 amber LEDS on each and two boards with 99 red LEDs on each for a total of 378 LED's per kit would hardly look ghetto as you say!

With the $349 kit your getting 2 LED elctronic flashers and 2 PCB LED reverse bulbs which bought seperately would cost $90.00 + shipping charges..

The smaller kit is a FULL kit without the added extras!!

Scot W.
GNS Performance
What exactly are the electronic flashers?

I really like the entire kit, I was just a little shocked by the price. After seeing I H8 WWD's post then adding up what I have in my lights I guess it really isn't has bad has I thought.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Want a title? Post!

Also Spaghetti Engineering is interested in making lights for the Trans AM. We will keep you posted on that. Hopefully this should be done sometime this summer. This is a special interest from the President of Spaghetti Engineering. Please sign up for our newsletter for updates. www.spaghettiengineering.com
Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Want a title? Post!

Electronic Flashers are designed to use with LED's. Especially if you have LED's lights in the front. They are recommended but not always necessary assuming that you are able to produce a load for the taillights.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by spaghetti
Electronic Flashers are designed to use with LED's. Especially if you have LED's lights in the front. They are recommended but not always necessary assuming that you are able to produce a load for the taillights.
Sorry, I guess I am an idiot in this field. What do they do?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by spaghetti
Also Spaghetti Engineering is interested in making lights for the Trans AM. We will keep you posted on that. Hopefully this should be done sometime this summer. This is a special interest from the President of Spaghetti Engineering. Please sign up for our newsletter for updates. www.spaghettiengineering.com
thank you for keeping us Firebird Trans Am guys informed

sorry if I meant any disrespect to you or any one else
Old 03-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Want a title? Post!

Sorry, I guess I am an idiot in this field. What do they do?
Hi Twitch, When going to LED's you have to add something in your system to equalize out the load. Load equalizer or No load flashers are both examples of these. The flashers equalize out your 12v systems load to the LED's. By going with two it allows you to also add LED's to the front also.

Hope this helps, If you have any more questions please feel free to just ask..

Scot W.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:49 PM

Thanks for the info man
Old 03-24-2009, 03:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 87 irocz
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 700r4

anybody else by larrys kit
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by kennyglm
anybody else by larrys kit
I think everyone is waiting to see yours installed.

Im not even buying SE's until I see yours installed. As Larry said he may be able to do a kit how I wanted it (like crazy hawaiian's design tail lights).

Also Kenny, Jason @ KLEARZ is visiting PA soon and will be shipping the sets out from there, to keep away from the delays of the customs fees and such through Canada.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 RS Camaro, 75 L82 Corvette
Engine: LO3, 383 Stroker
Transmission: 700R4, TH400
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.23 posi/LS1 discs, stock

Also Kenny, Jason @ KLEARZ is visiting PA soon and will be shipping the sets out from there, to keep away from the delays of the customs fees and such through Canada.
Glad to hear that. I'm still waiting for mine.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 87 irocz
Engine: 5.0

thats cool i just emailed him, he said about another 2 weeks. lets keep our fingers crossed
Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 AM

Car: 88' TA Digital Dash
Engine: 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3:23 Posi Disk 10 Bolt

I like spaghetti's. they look from ALL of the info in this thread to be much more natural a fit with the l.e.d. placements
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM

Car: 88 Firebird Formula
Engine: 350 TPI

i highly recommened superbrightleds.com for any led conversion. they sell individual components for DIY stuff for the most part but also have 12v replacement bulbs i.e. 194, 1157, interior dome lights, instrument panel/gauge cluster lights too. they advertise in various car magazines and are very reputable as well as affordable (depending on the application)
Old 03-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KittDrifter
i highly recommened superbrightleds.com for any led conversion. they sell individual components for DIY stuff for the most part but also have 12v replacement bulbs i.e. 194, 1157, interior dome lights, instrument panel/gauge cluster lights too. they advertise in various car magazines and are very reputable as well as affordable (depending on the application)

what magizine
Old 03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 RS Camaro, 75 L82 Corvette
Engine: LO3, 383 Stroker
Transmission: 700R4, TH400
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.23 posi/LS1 discs, stock

Ya, I have bought some real nice replacement LEDs "bulbs" from them. All my interior lighting is from them.

But they don't have anything close to what we are talking about in this thread.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Did superbrightleds have an ebay page?
I think they did?

Quick Reply: FULL L.E.D. DIGITAL TAILS