Group Purchases Take part in, suggest, or discuss Group Purchases here. Make sure to read the rules before doing so.

FULL L.E.D. DIGITAL TAILS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 87 irocz
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 700r4
Re: FULL L.E.D. DIGITAL TAILS

hopefully they will be avalable in the next month , because i will be getting my klears and would like to do the conversion all at once or i may go with classicleds , but i am leaning towards spagetti digitails
Old 02-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89' IROC-Z
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10-Bolt/2.73

Scot how are we paying Spaghetti in the GB? With KLEARZ we sent the money to KLEARZ personally so they could keep track of who has sent payment, how many payments are there and when they have paid in full.

Earlier it sounded like we are sending you money then you will send it to Spaghetti, i dont understand this way because why cant we just send them the money? I dont know you and I dont expect you to think Im going to just give my money to a guy instead of the actual company even if he says he hepled other groups, doesnt mean a damn thing for us.

Please tell me how were paying for these when the time comes.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 RS Camaro, 75 L82 Corvette
Engine: LO3, 383 Stroker
Transmission: 700R4, TH400
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.23 posi/LS1 discs, stock

Originally Posted by boosted6
(krisb410) Sorry but there really was no rant!
Well, what do you call your lastest "bashing" posts!

2) NO, The whole reason I don't like seeing ANY other brand named in ANY thread that is pertaining to a Specific brand name is due Soely because I see it as un-ethical. PERIOD!!
I don't profit or gain in any way from either of these companies, how is this un-ethical. This is a discussion about LED tail lights. Spaghetti and classicleds are both offering LED tail lights. You think this thread is all about Spaghetti, where as I think this thread is about LED tail lights. When this thread started, Yes, Spaghetti was our only option, well not anymore. Another company currently is offering LED tail lights for 3rd gen Camaro's. I have taken an interest in them, doing research, emailing, calling. So I can be an informed consumer. I don't really care if you think another thread should be started. Sue me.

Kris, i'm sorry you feel this way but my reputation speaks for it's self. I have bent over backwards to help each and every one of my customers (i.e talking to customers for hours on sundays and late at night helping them solve problems, providing them tips to make there installation easyier) to solve any and every problem or question that they may have and i'm proud of that!! Try and call classicled on sunday for help, Try and call them after hours for help! This is what I do for my customers. See it's not all about the money with me when I could be working and making money instead i'm on the phone 24/7 constantly helping my customers.

Scot W.
As far as I am concerned, you have little to no reputation here. You joined May of 08, and all 20 of your posts are in this thread. (some of which you just be-little me ). And so far, the way you've acted toward me, a possible customer, is appaling. I haven't made a purchase, yet. I never stated I have made a purchase. I am just looking into other possiblities.

Oh, I have talked/emailed to Larry at Classicleds on a sunday, after all, it is a family owned business!

Just get over yourself already. Weather you like it or not, classicleds is on-topic for this thread.

Now let's keep this thread going, no need for this BS. Please, keep the information coming.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Buick GN
Engine: Turbo V6
Transmission: 200R4
Axle/Gears: Stock

Originally Posted by I H8 WWD
Scot how are we paying Spaghetti in the GB? With KLEARZ we sent the money to KLEARZ personally so they could keep track of who has sent payment, how many payments are there and when they have paid in full.

Earlier it sounded like we are sending you money then you will send it to Spaghetti, i dont understand this way because why cant we just send them the money? I dont know you and I dont expect you to think Im going to just give my money to a guy instead of the actual company even if he says he hepled other groups, doesnt mean a damn thing for us.

Please tell me how were paying for these when the time comes.
I will speak to spaghetti and let you know. It is my company that will be offering the GB at the GB price and my company taking the loss and giving you the savings! I have a secure website with pay-pal and all transactions provide the buyer with a e-mail invoice of there purchase. My buisness is not an e-bay buisness. Just last year I sold over 100 LED taillights Just for the buicks alone! Not one single complaint..and a bunch of happy customers.

I will let you know if spaghetti will keep track of a GB purchase themselves.

Thank You,
Scot W.

Last edited by boosted6; 02-10-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 PM

Car: 1989 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 350 TPI L98
Axle/Gears: The ones with the teeth.

I am super excited about these taillights. Us TA owners must have the best setup for this kind of thing. It's just straight block of LED's lighting sequentially! The poor Camaro guys have to worry about that little wrap around.

I'm guessing they won't look as good with the grid pattern on the lens, though. What do you guys think?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500
Engine: Crossfire 305ci V8
Transmission: Jasper 700R4 4 speed Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.23 limited slip/posi

Originally Posted by SargeantSarkasm
I am super excited about these taillights. Us TA owners must have the best setup for this kind of thing. It's just straight block of LED's lighting sequentially! The poor Camaro guys have to worry about that little wrap around.
Right on

Old 02-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Want a title? Post!

Car: 1986 Buick GN
Engine: Turbo V6
Transmission: 200R4
Axle/Gears: Stock

To all ThirdGen.org members,

I would like offer a simple comparison between Classic LED's product line and Spaghetti Engineering's Digi-Tails product line. If people here are going to compare two company's that offer LED's for their car I just want the details to be on the table so the members of ThirdGen.org can make a honest decision before making there purchase.
This is simply a comparison.

FITMENT?
1) Spaghetti Engineering - No Modifications done to your original lens basket!! Kit includes mounting hardware to mount to your existing lens basket.

2) ClassicLeds - Cutting to your existing lens basket with a dremel is required! Seen here on page 2: http://www.classicleds.com/docs/1982...amaro%20NS.pdf

BOARDS?

1) Spaghetti Engineering - Boards are cut using a CNC router, Boards are assembled using Hot Surface Technology using High Intensity Wide Angle LED's. Boards also include the use of a Micro Processor. A Dip Switch is installed to turn off the Sequential mode if certain cities do not allow this. Leaving you to continue to use the LED taillights you purchased.

Spaghetti engineering's boards & wiring kit

2) Classicleds - Sequential mode? Quote from there site - "A sequential system is also available and will be offered soon. Please email for additional information".
The led's are Super Bright 5mm led's, No Micro processor, No mention of how the boards are assembled.

Classicleds board (no real close up's or picture of a full kit)

INSTALLATION?

1) Spaghetti engineering - Due to there kits being Sequential a solid hook up is required by making solid connections into the factory wiring harness for a better connection.

2) Classicleds - Due to there kits Not being Sequential they use a bulb socket type connector. These type connectors have a tendency to not give a 100% contact at times.
NOTE: with there sequential kit on there (firebird) you have to wire into the factory harness also.

WARRANTY ?

1) Spaghetti Engineering - Here is their warranty- "Limited Lifetime Warranty" If a bulb on a board happens to burn out, It is 100% replaced at no cost. (Providing there has been NO modifications to the board).

2) Classicleds - Here there warranty right off there site-”
All Northwest Mustang LLC products are warranted against defective materials and/or workmanship to all original consumer owners from the date of original consumer purchase as long as original purchaser owns the vehicle. In the event of defective materials and /or workmanship, NorthW estMustang LLC. Will, w without charge repair or replace, at its option,the defective product within 60 days from the receipt of the defective product at the following address: Northwest Mustang LLC, 3128 Marvin Dr. Eugene, OR 97404
Attn Warranty Dept. Postage to Northwest Mustang paid by owner. Return postage paid by Northwest

This is only a comparison between the two. We hope to have you all VIDEO or PICTURES shortly.

Thank you for your intrest into the Spaghetti Digitails LED taillights.

Scot W.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:39 PM

Car: 1989 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: Proud V6 Owner
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: unk.

After ling at that, I might get Spaghetti Engineering's lights instead. "No Modification of lens basket" I like that VERY much
Old 02-12-2009, 02:46 PM

well then if yours are so better much then lets see them. get er done

Last edited by kennyglm; 02-12-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:46 PM

Car: '89 Formula Firebird
Engine: LSX-451 / 705HP
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser Ford 9" with 4.30

Are they going to a kit for 89 Formula tail lights with the seperate yellow turn signal lense?

Eric
Old 02-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Supreme Member

These are for the camaro guys...Birdmen must wait until interest is high enough. Or until Spaghetti makes them.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:36 PM

Car: 1992 z28
Engine: 383 LT1 in the works
Transmission: T-56 in the works
Axle/Gears: 3.73 in the works

Pics, videos, lets just get some order forms in!!! I wanna be #1

You guys already have my order so just keep us up to date
Old 02-13-2009, 02:00 AM

Car: Custom 1992 Camaro Z28 25th Anniver
Engine: 5.7L V8 350 L98 TPI

I will likely get a set for my car (in multiple indoor shows). Been waiting a year for pics and video of these.. I am SO incredibly anxious to see these!!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:35 PM

any update
Old 02-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Supreme Member

Got my lenses a few days ago..maybe last week?..haha. Anyway they look great, was thinking they would be darker but hey my computer sucks. Also I am hoping the led tails dont show through alot or at least blatantly. I hope they use black boards....that would help soooo sooo much.

So yeah, any updates...haha
Old 02-17-2009, 01:40 PM

when did you order yours i havent got mine yet its been about 3 weeks, did they send you a tracking number
Old 02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by kennyglm
when did you order yours i havent got mine yet its been about 3 weeks, did they send you a tracking number
They should have been finishing up the second batch end of Jan. Mine was from the first batch and actually the first set made out of them all...so mine were on the side on hold until I bought them.

They are coming from Canada (Canada is slow), once it hit the USA mailing I had it in 1 day, 6-7 from canada.

E-mail Tina/Jason and ask about them. I was given a tracking number on my Paypal account, go check your transaction, it should be posted next to the amount sent. If not they havent shipped them out yet...just e-mail them. And dont worry, you'll get them.

Update: Found Scot's Site, not sure if he posted it but here it is.

http://www.injectionx.com
Old 02-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Any Updates
Old 02-19-2009, 12:06 PM

just ordered mine from www.classicleds.com tired of waiting for the other guy
Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 PM

just ordered mine from www.classicleds.com tired of waiting for the other guy

Post some pics when you get them in specially with them working and installed... I'd like to see how it looks and how bright they are. I would suggest doing this in another thread as to not hi jack this one.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 PM

will do a small video when i get them
Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 PM

How long till it arrives? Perhaps you could take pics of when it arrives.. showing up how well they package it up, how it's packages, the products that come with the kit...
Old 02-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SomeGuy25thZ
Post some pics when you get them in specially with them working and installed... I'd like to see how it looks and how bright they are. I would suggest doing this in another thread as to not hi jack this one.
will do a small video when i get them
agreed x3
please show photos
Old 02-19-2009, 01:25 PM

i will keep you guys posted when they come probably a week or so till i get them, they gave me free shipping and there sending me 2 different sequential units he told me to just send the one back that i dont like. sounds like a nice guy
Old 02-19-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 82 Transam
Engine: 305 soon 383
Transmission: auto.

I am also super excited and .......
if they going to make them for TA
i am in
Old 02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Supreme Member

AWESOME, cant freakin wait!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM

Since this original "http://www.spaghettiengineering.com" product has gone into 2 directions (Klearz and ClassicLEDS") I think it would be best to open two different topics. Once for Klearz, the other for ClassicLED where can can all seperately converse about each product rather than breaking topic.

I have questions about the ClassicLEDS that you have shipping to you and we will need to run a new topic anyhow so why not do it now and post the link here.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Supreme Member

I don't understand.

We need to make a separate Classic LED's page and Spaghetti Engineering page. KLEARZ lenses will be involved in both either way.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 AM

Car: 1990 RS/2000 Z28
Engine: 5.0/5.7
Transmission: 4L60/4L60E
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt/3.23

Just leaving my mark on this thread so I don't lose it. I'm very interested to see some install pics.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Car: 82 TA 87 IZ L98 88 IZ LB9 88 IZ L98
Engine: 5.7TBI 5,7TPI 5.0TPI, 5,7TPI
Transmission: T5, 700R4, T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.27, 3.45, 3.27

Waiting on pics too, these boards look good!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 AM

Install pics.. pics of what arrives.. contents in the box.. etc .. most definately!! :-)
Old 02-23-2009, 04:36 PM

got em today .packaged very good gonna go out try em now the only problem is i still dont have my klears so i cant put them ini will take pics.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Supreme Member

Damn you, post with pictures...haha. Oh and video even if its a cell phone vid I DGAF.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:06 PM

very good detailed instructions plugged them in and they work. NOW WEARS MY KLEARS!!!!!!!!!!! i plan on taking pictures and a video for you guys of the install and finished product also classicleds is going to put the pics. on there web site. did i mention they gave me 2 different sequential units the first one goes from the center out , the other one goes back and forth like the knight rider car
Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

very good detailed instructions plugged them in and they work. NOW WEARS MY KLEARS!!!!!!!!!!! i plan on taking pictures and a video for you guys of the install and finished product also classicleds is going to put the pics. on there web site. did i mention they gave me 2 different sequential units the first one goes from the center out , the other one goes back and forth like the knight rider car
Did I see Knight Rider Now I have too see these in action
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

boosted6 how is the progress from spaghetti? any updates
Old 02-23-2009, 06:38 PM

Umm.... what a tease to say you have em and no pics

Hahah I am excited
Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Want a title? Post!

Hello there. My name is Larry Bush and I own ClassicLEDs LLC, formally NorthWestMustang LLC, and I manufacture LEDs here in Oregon.

I would like to introduce our new 1982 thru 1992 Camaro LED system. This system contains 196 super bright 5mm LEDs. The system is available in sequential or non sequential models.

The non sequential mode contains white, yellow and red LEDs.

The sequential contains white and red LEDs. This is done so you don’t get a ticket. Mixing yellow and red in a sequence may, or may not, be legal in your state, so I choose to make them all red. The yellow section will show as red.

The clear reverse lens contains both red and white LEDs. When the brake is in operation, the clear lens will light up red. This is in both styles.

I designed the system to have an upper and lower part. When the brake light is used on the sequential style, the entire lens fills with red LEDs. However, when the turn signals are used the upper portion will sequence and the lower section will remain in the brake operation.

This gives you both within the lens, improving both the brake and turn signal visability. This system is brand new and has been on the market for about three weeks.

Please visit http://www.classicleds.com/camaro1982.html . I have not had time to get a video of the lights in operation, but as soon as I find my camara, I will post it on my web site. However, you can see our Firebird LEDs in action under the Firebird tab. Oh yea, I do Firebirds also.

Our 1969 Camaro LEDs were used by the Ring Brother’s, the Good Guys Muscle car of the Year winners for the past two years! Even Foose has not done that!

ClassicLEDs is a small family owned business here in Oregon. Please take a look. I feel these are what you have been looking for. Please download the instructions as you will need to modify the housing a bit to install the board.

The LEDs are installed in one large board. As a note, the entire board is filled with LEDs. They will sit behind the black band that is in the center of the lens. This band does not interfere with the LED appearance.

Should you have any questions, please let me know, and I will post it here or respond directly. Thank you for allowing me to post this. As a small business, sometimes it’s hard getting the word out! Larry, owner, ClassicLEDs.

I just read the comments from Spagettiengineering.

Our sequence board contains a micro processer as well. In addtion, the OEM flasher is still used in the Camaro which allows the OEM "Clicking" sound to remain.

The photos shown is of our OLDer 1974/78 Firebird LEDs, not Camaro. Those in the photo have been replaced with a single board design. New photos to be posted in the morning. They just arrived yesterday from the PC Board manufacturer in California.

The non sequentials plug in using an OEM bulb based wire harness, or may be hard wired in.

The Sequential comes with the computer board installed within the wire harness. The wire harness taps into the EOM harness as the instructions will show.

Yes, you do need to modify the housing as the board fills the entire housing, not just the upper and lower sections. The LEDs are installed into a white PC board.

Warranty is pretty simple: If it's broken, I replace it....Larry

Last edited by ClassicLEDs; 02-27-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Correct spacing.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by ClassicLEDs
Hello there. My name is Larry Bush and I own ClassicLEDs LLC, formally NorthWestMustang LLC, and I manufacture LEDs here in Oregon. I would like to introduce our new 1982 thru 1992 Camaro LED system. This system contains 196 super bright 5mm LEDs. The system is available in sequential or non sequential models. The non sequential mode contains white, yellow and red LEDs. The sequential contains white and red LEDs. This is done so you don’t get a ticket. Mixing yellow and red in a sequence may, or may not, be legal in your state, so I choose to make them all red. The yellow section will show as red. The clear reverse lens contains both red and white LEDs. When the brake is in operation, the clear lens will light up red. This is in both styles. I designed the system to have an upper and lower part. When the brake light is used on the sequential style, the entire lens fills with red LEDs. However, when the turn signals are used the upper portion will sequence and the lower section will remain in the brake operation. This gives you both within the lens, improving both the brake and turn signal visability. This system is brand new and has been on the market for about three weeks. Please visit http://www.classicleds.com/camaro1982.html . I have not had time to get a video of the lights in operation, but as soon as I find my camara, I will post it on my web site. However, you can see our Firebird LEDs in action under the Firebird tab. Oh yea, I do Firebirds also. Our 1969 Camaro LEDs were used by the Ring Brother’s, the Good Guys Muscle car of the Year winners for the past two years! Even Foose has not done that! ClassicLEDs is a small family owned business here in Oregon. Please take a look. I feel these are what you have been looking for. Please download the instructions as you will need to modify the housing a bit to install the board. The LEDs are installed in one large board. As a note, the entire board is filled with LEDs. They will sit behind the black band that is in the center of the lens. This band does not interfere with the LED appearance. Should you have any questions, please let me know, and I will post it here or respond directly. Thank you for allowing me to post this. As a small business, sometimes it’s hard getting the word out! Larry, owner, ClassicLEDs.

Looks good.. only 1 suggestion Please be sure you're watching your paragraphing.. I found it REALLY difficult to read your post because it's one GIGANTIC sentence.. My eyes keeped losing its place when I moved to the next line
Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Want a title? Post!

OUCH! Hope the corrections help. Thank you for pointing that out. Did run on a bit, didn't it.....Larry
Old 02-27-2009, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by ClassicLEDs
OUCH! Hope the corrections help. Thank you for pointing that out. Did run on a bit, didn't it.....Larry
no worries...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Larry keep us posted on the progress of those trans am tail lights

thank you and welcome to TGO

Last edited by KITT1983; 02-27-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Supreme Member

Well theres some clarification. The pictures posted arent the camaro setup. Now I really want to see how they look.

Also another way to gain interest is for the company to come on here and talk specifically with us. We do know how much work is involved in doing that and as well to other forums while keeping up with the business end. But its a big plus in customer service. I have e-mailed Spaghetti in the past with very little results (could be they didn't want to answer questions that wouldnt matter since they are making a kit per their interest) so who knows. Whereas Classic is here and registered and providing information.

Anyway welcome to the boards.

P.S. Scot W. where did you go? How are they coming?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by I H8 WWD
Well theres some clarification. The pictures posted arent the camaro setup. Now I really want to see how they look.

Also another way to gain interest is for the company to come on here and talk specifically with us. We do know how much work is involved in doing that and as well to other forums while keeping up with the business end. But its a big plus in customer service. I have e-mailed Spaghetti in the past with very little results (could be they didn't want to answer questions that wouldnt matter since they are making a kit per their interest) so who knows. Whereas Classic is here and registered and providing information.

Anyway welcome to the boards.

P.S. Scot W. where did you go? How are they coming?
boosted6 where are you? any updates on Spaghetti
Old 02-27-2009, 07:43 PM

well there you go somebody reliable! now as soon as i get my new lenses from klears everybody can see my new sequential led smoked red klears tail lights. so until then lets see more orders for classicleds
Old 02-27-2009, 11:08 PM

Car: 88 Iroc Vert/ 1980 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI/ 350
Transmission: 700R4/ TH350
Axle/Gears: 2.73posi/ 3.08 Open

Welcome Larry, And thanks for making a sweet part for our cars. PS watch the dirty language (mustang).
Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Supreme Member

^^^Ha ha, those is fighten words. J/K

Spaghetti better step up the game, they may lose their interest.

No offense to Larry but I really want to see Spaghetti's kit, but then again, same goes for Larry's set. I'd still like to see actual photos or videos instead of old firebird pics.

Kenny- Think you can at least give us photos and video of them out of the box? I know it won't show what we are looking for but I have a good imagination for things like this. Anything would be nice.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Want a title? Post!

NO problem. I am still trying to find my Video camaro......However, there are photos and additional information on my web site http://www.northwestmustang.com/camaro1982.html And, under the Firebird tab there is a vidio of the Firebird LEDs. Larry
Old 02-28-2009, 04:32 PM

checkout the firebird ones there is a youtube video on there there very nice . as soon as i get my lenses you will see the finished product
Old 02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

checkout the firebird ones there is a youtube video on there there very nice . as soon as i get my lenses you will see the finished product
I found it on youtube 1979-1981 firebird
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYu0...e=channel_page

Quick Reply: FULL L.E.D. DIGITAL TAILS