Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

[Sold] 1992 Pontiac Firebird - CLEAN, V-8, 93k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 Firebird 305 TBI
1992 Pontiac Firebird - CLEAN, V-8, 93k Miles

* 1992 Pontiac Firebird
* Only 93,000 original miles
* 305 TBI V8 Engine
* 4 Speed Auto Trans
* Power locks, windows, mirrors, headlights, steering, and motorized pull-down rear hatch
* Cruise Control
* Driver-side Airbag
* COLD A/C
* 4” touchscreen GPS, Video, Music, Radio, Photo stereo hooked up to 4 nice speakers
* Much more, just have to see to appreciate

Interior looks amazing – no rips on upholstery, new headliner, and only 1 very small crack (about 1” long) on the dash that you have to look for to see. Just replaced both window motors, so they work flawlessly. Also, rebuilt passenger headlight motor, both headlights work great. In fact, to make it simple, ALL powered accessories work perfect. A/C works great and is COLD. Has an awesome stereo with a 4” touch screen GPS that also plays videos, music (MP3 player or USB stick), CD, radio, and photos. Paint job appears to be original, and looks very good considering its age, however it is not perfect, especially on the roof and rear spoiler (see pics). Mechanically, just replaced the fuel pump and cleared the fuel lines, which solved a minor problem with the idle (rough idle due to a clogged return fuel line). It runs absolutely perfect, very strong, and the transmission shifts VERY strong (appears to have a shift kit). I have owned this car for 2 years, and have used it as my daily driver for as long as I’ve owned it.

As for the car’s history, it has an interesting past. I purchased it in August ’08 at a Bandera county police auction. It had been impounded in ’98 and had been sitting in the police impound lot for 10 years. It had an inspection sticker dating ’98, an oil change sticker from Pepboys from ’98, and even had a 6 pack of unopened beer still inside on the passenger-side floorboard dated (you guessed it!) ’98. Once I got the car home, the first thing I did was give it a good wash, which showed a very nice paint job considering it’s age, as the paint had been somewhat protected under a 10 year-old layer of dirt. The interior ended up looking almost new after a quick cleaning. I had to have a local GM dealer make me a key based on the VIN number because the Bandera police had lost the key. Before attempting to start it, I changed the oil, flushed the radiator and changed the coolant, dropped the gas tank and drained/cleaned the tank as well as changed the fuel pump, cleared the fuel lines, changed the spark plugs, oiled the top of the engine cylinders (through the spark plug holes) to allow the pistons to loosen up, and overhauled the TBI unit. Then I turned the key, and listened to the V8 roar to life after a ten-year vacation. Other than the minor idle problem that it developed a couple of months ago (and ended up being a clogged fuel return line), this car has been virtually trouble-free and reliable. The body was in excellent shape when I purchased it except for a dented front bumper and dented front passenger-side fender. I was able to find an exact match for the bumper (even down to the paint color) at Pick-n-pull, and purchased a new fender off an ’88 Trans Am GTA that ALMOST perfectly matches the paint job, but while not a perfect match, is still very close.

I’m asking $4,000 for the car with the original 15” Firebird wheels wrapped in rubber with 90% tread, and does NOT include the 17” ROH Snypers currently on the car. The Snypers will be thrown in for an additional $500. The Snyper’s have top-shelf Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires with good tread.

Clean title in hand, for pics go here: http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/x...92%20Firebird/

Name:  IMAG0122.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  83.2 KB

Last edited by kevin07; 08-05-2010 at 12:12 PM.