Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

[CA] 1986 Trans-Am For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '86 TRANS-AM WS6
Engine: 1989 355 TPI L98
Transmission: TH700R-4
Axle/Gears: BorgWarner 9 bolt/ 3.27
1986 Trans-Am For Sale

Selling A 1986 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am WS6 its fully loaded full options from factory i have all receipts from previous owner he did all tune-ups and work to the car i also have the original owners manual the old owners warranty with the vin number on book that was delivered to the previous owner with 10 miles back in 1986 since then the car has gotten an ADS supperchips still have the factory chip.the motor is a 5.0 litre tuned port injection with a K&N filter it has MSD wires DENZO irridium spark plugs motor has bout 200,000 but it runs strong i put royal purple and restore and lucas so the motor can still run strong even though its high mileage.the car also has a Magnaflow muffler with the square corvette tips it gots the 9 bolt borg warner posi with 3.27 gears four wheel dis brakes with performace brake pads digital gauges top center console with firebird flasghlight it does not leak inside the weatherstriping is good have t-top bags spare tire with jack original still in the car. the interior is clean for beign 23 years old no tears exept the t-top roof needs reapulstering i have new KYB shocks all around power seats with the lumbar thing inside of them power mirrors, power door locks,power antena wing is in good shape a couple of rips but it looks good any more questions to much to write this down just E-mail me at [ Jr89camaro@hotmail.com] or contact me at my house ask for Jr (661)951-3610 or cousins cell phone At (661)213-0313 will send more pics if asked $10,000 or best offer will accept any reasonable offer will trade for a 1988-1989 black Trans-am GTA with t-tops and digital guages or a black1988-1989 IRO-Z with t-tops but both cars have to be 350 L98
Attached Thumbnails 1986 Trans-Am For Sale-m_af345595bb1a4a0988287e51066125d4.jpg   1986 Trans-Am For Sale-imgp2857.jpg   1986 Trans-Am For Sale-m_9a52b5bc133b44208f617e271d8dbe48.jpg  
Old 10-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1978 Trans am
Engine: 6.6 400
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: Good question
Re: 1986 Trans-Am For Sale

um so what uh makes it worth 10k???
Old 10-25-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by 79_T/A_guy
um so what uh makes it worth 10k???
well it i think its worth 10,000 o.b.o. because it has all the options available for that year digital gauges and the body is in good shape for beign 23 years old and it still runs good as **** i mean you will probably wont find a trans-am like this one if u you do then mines value will be below a mint conditions ones worth but let me know what u think
Old 10-25-2009, 03:41 PM

the one interior picture didnt really exemplify mint, however you are free to ask what you want for your car. i think you might sell it at around 5k a 10K car usually has some crazy motor stuff and interior stuff done, or is really rare(i dont think tthis would fall under either but like i said you are free to ask what you want for your car)

i simply asked as i was curious as to the 10K price(i thought i missed something and i guess i didnt)
Old 10-25-2009, 06:17 PM

the one interior picture didnt really exemplify mint, however you are free to ask what you want for your car. i think you might sell it at around 5k a 10K car usually has some crazy motor stuff and interior stuff done, or is really rare(i dont think tthis would fall under either but like i said you are free to ask what you want for your car)

i simply asked as i was curious as to the 10K price(i thought i missed something and i guess i didnt)
yeah i guess ur right i just want people to try to llok more into it and ask me for sum more photos and maybe u can see what it looks like over all and they can work their way down from 10k
Old 10-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by black-bandit
yeah i guess ur right i just want people to try to llok more into it and ask me for sum more photos and maybe u can see what it looks like over all and they can work their way down from 10k
to be honest why wait for people to ask for pics, the more willing you are to really show off your car the more likely you will catch someones attention. if i were you id really take as many pictures as possible, there is no way you can have too many pictures.

also with this economy people from what i can tell are willing to pay less to say the least. there is a 85 camaro locally for sale that has a 350 and supercharger(the smaller one, not the 8-71) and that guy cant get his sold for 10K he has been trying to for months. while his may appeal to different people than who may be checking your add out. people are expecting alot for their money especially with the economy the way it is.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM

to be honest why wait for people to ask for pics, the more willing you are to really show off your car the more likely you will catch someones attention. if i were you id really take as many pictures as possible, there is no way you can have too many pictures.

also with this economy people from what i can tell are willing to pay less to say the least. there is a 85 camaro locally for sale that has a 350 and supercharger(the smaller one, not the 8-71) and that guy cant get his sold for 10K he has been trying to for months. while his may appeal to different people than who may be checking your add out. people are expecting alot for their money especially with the economy the way it is.
true yeah economy is hurting but the truth in not selling the car i just want to know what people would offer me so i put a high price and see were it would drop to cause i have put blood swaet and tears i mean i actully bled cause i got cut working on it i mean it has to many factory options one would get from a salvage car just 2 make it look like mine it has the digital gauges the only thing missing is the electric a/c unit i already have sent the money to sum guy who has 1 but other than that it s digital gauges i have a removable straight pipe to replace the cat,magnaflow muffler with square corvette tips it has the overhead console with working flaslight its power windows, power antena, power mirrors, it has a g92 rear 9bolt 3.23 4 wheel disc brakes i rebiult the trany it has less than 500 miles new kyb schocks, and the interior is clean except for the t-top needs reapulstering gona fix it next week all original recipts from previous owner and all factory books and manual and many more but yeah botom line just want to know how much sum one would offer me have fixed many parts outside and inside cause wen i got it it wasnt that great
Old 10-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2018 Camaro SS
Engine: LT1 w/Paxton 1500SL

If you get anywhere near $10K I'm selling mine for $25K

I paid under $4K for mine, granted the guy needed to sell but still. I mean no disrespect, I don't like criticizing asking prices but at the price, hell at even HALF of that price I hope you're not hoping to sell fast.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 83WS6TA
Engine: ZZ4
Transmission: TH350C
Axle/Gears: 3:23

Be worth more w/out the digital guages and t-tops.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:09 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (okay, not really), but you need to do alot more to convince someone that this car is worth $1,000, let alone $10,000.
If you want to sell a car for that kind of coin, you have to make people believe that you are an intelligent individual who they would trust to take care of a car worth 10 large. Sounding like an imbecile with run on sentences does not help your cause.
As for the car, as was mentioned before, pictures sell. Three nondescript thumbnails don't tell us squat. The only interior shot you have looks like someone just vandalized the inside of the car. That does not make a good interior. Neither does a sagging headliner. To me, good for it's age looks slightly worn in certain areas, not one step away from a fur headliner.
The outside looks okay from the pictures, but they are crummy pictures. Was the car a California car its entire life? Is there any rust or rot? Prove it to us that there isn't. No one is going to drive 5 miles to see a 10k car if they don't believe it is perfect. Let alone from hundreds of miles away.
The engine is a boat anchor at this point, no matter how well you may percieve it to run. Is it faster than some things on the road (like a moped), but it not a fast car. It may have been okay for its time. But that time was 24 years ago.
You would like to trade for something that is infinitely more desireable than what you have (to most people). You have no right to be picky at all. The only way someone may be willing to trade you is if you offer your car and about 2 grand. No one in their right mind would trade straight out for a clapped out worn 240k mile thirdgen. Right now, until proven otherwise, it's a parts car.

But, that's just my $.02
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 AM

Car: '88 GTA
Engine: L-98
Transmission: T-56

Originally Posted by 79camaro305
I hate to be the bearer of bad news (okay, not really), but you need to do alot more to convince someone that this car is worth $1,000, let alone $10,000.
If you want to sell a car for that kind of coin, you have to make people believe that you are an intelligent individual who they would trust to take care of a car worth 10 large. Sounding like an imbecile with run on sentences does not help your cause.
As for the car, as was mentioned before, pictures sell. Three nondescript thumbnails don't tell us squat. The only interior shot you have looks like someone just vandalized the inside of the car. That does not make a good interior. Neither does a sagging headliner. To me, good for it's age looks slightly worn in certain areas, not one step away from a fur headliner.
The outside looks okay from the pictures, but they are crummy pictures. Was the car a California car its entire life? Is there any rust or rot? Prove it to us that there isn't. No one is going to drive 5 miles to see a 10k car if they don't believe it is perfect. Let alone from hundreds of miles away.
The engine is a boat anchor at this point, no matter how well you may percieve it to run. Is it faster than some things on the road (like a moped), but it not a fast car. It may have been okay for its time. But that time was 24 years ago.
You would like to trade for something that is infinitely more desireable than what you have (to most people). You have no right to be picky at all. The only way someone may be willing to trade you is if you offer your car and about 2 grand. No one in their right mind would trade straight out for a clapped out worn 240k mile thirdgen. Right now, until proven otherwise, it's a parts car.

But, that's just my $.02
That sounds about right to me. Well put.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:58 PM

Car: Firechicken
Engine: 350 + 30 over, 400 crank
Transmission: autotragic, stalled
Axle/Gears: not a one tire fire, thank god!

79camaro305, it's not too often that a new member says anything intelligent, because they are new and think they know everything, but your post is by far the best post in this thread and to see that you are a fairly new member, I have to say congrats on doing your homework.

As to the OP, your car does look somewhat decent but I have to agree that anything over $1000 would be high. I'm not going to beat around the bush and make you feel bad but I use myself as an example.

I bought my 89 formy 350 for $1200 which had 99K on the clock. It now has about 130K five years later. Car has now a 355 with ported heads, a mild cam, msd ignition, AFPR, new injectors, racetronix fuel pump with hot wire kit, hooker headers, full exhaust, performance chip, adjustable torque arm, adjustable LCAs, adjustable panhard rod, chrome moly subframe connectors, hotchkis STB, trans rebuilt with more clutches and steels, corvette servo, trans go shift kit, I installed over $3000 in stereo, converted headlights to HIDs, added a Autopage RS-1000 car alarm with remote start, proximity sensor, and shock sensor and tons more that I don't have time to type out including the new paint, more engine mods, interior work, blah blah blah, and I was looking to get around $9K when all is said and done. I have over $20K in the car not including labor or basic maintenance.

My Formula has most of the options that came factory, no t tops and no digital dash but the rest is there including the WS6 suspenison and what not. My car is kept in a heated garage most of the time cause I can't take it to Iraq with me. The car has records like you wouldn't believe and warranties on paint, engine, trans, and injectors, along with the stupid stuff like starter, headlight motors, alternator, and whatever else.

Now look at all the stuff I named and that is about half of it. Maybe a bit more. Look at the upgrades done to one of my cars. It is a cruiser that can get to Ft Benning, Georgia, to Ft Jackson, South Carolina, back to Chicago without a problem. It has more than enough cash into it to justify the cost.

I'm not knocking your post or what you are asking but it does look really stupid to post it like you did and to ask for an amount that belongs around the 89 TTA range. Did you try Nadas or KBB or driver's view to see what your car is worth? That would give you a ball park. According to driver's view, your car, at my zip code, in excellent condition is worth $600. That isn't to say that you can't ask for more, but it gives you a base line to start at.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:30 AM

Car: a furry tractor

I offer again $1000 for the car.

Last edited by 92 Formula; 10-29-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Removed rule violation left "genuine" offer up.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 AM

rogue leader, that is a pretty good deal. Understand that he could get more for it if he parted it out but to buy a whole car and transport it is a female dog. To the OP, I wouldn't pass on talking to rogue leader and seeing if he could bump it from $1000 to $1200. That would be what I would pay for the car, tops!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:32 AM

Car: a furry tractor

Originally Posted by all4u
rogue leader, that is a pretty good deal. Understand that he could get more for it if he parted it out but to buy a whole car and transport it is a female dog. To the OP, I wouldn't pass on talking to rogue leader and seeing if he could bump it from $1000 to $1200. That would be what I would pay for the car, tops!
I was hoping he would deliver it for that price too
Old 10-29-2009, 06:18 PM

Yeah, I think I scared the OP. Oh well, I guess he didn't want to sell his car after all.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 AM

yeah you got a point maybe at its max it could go for 5,000 the pics are on my myspace its all right for being old everyone who sees it says the same and even with its flaws their suprised its still running and not falling apart like other 86's that are in alright condition but thanks for your opinion
Old 11-23-2009, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by all4u
Yeah, I think I scared the OP. Oh well, I guess he didn't want to sell his car after all.
nah i didnt get scared i couldn use the internet it was down but i have decided to keep the car i had just bought sum other parts for the car and felt like the first day i bought it so i said **** it im gona keep it and i dont know what i was thinkin bout that 10,000 its just to hard to come by a car like mine were i live especialy in Lnacaster ,CA and only having 30 min. away from Van Nuys in the San Fernando Valley big 818 were the car was originaly built i have the original owners manuel ac delco stereo manuel and other manuels from back in 86 but aside from that there is a lot of guys out there who have money and theirs is better than mine but mine is a daily driver so im puting work in the street leting them know mines still rolling and what sum day ill have money and fix it and restore it but ill still make it a daily driver cause i can but not trying to get all gangster on you guys but thats my response and thanks for all your guys feedback