Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Hers: 88 Formula 350
Engine: TPI
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt Posi
88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY

We are moving and considering on selling her 1988 Formula 350.

THIS is NOT a car for a kid. This car has power and we are looking for someone who would truly enjoy the car. We do not want to see someone get hurt with this car.

I take great pride in building/modifying/repairing cars. I built this car for my wife to go out with when we go to the cruise-ins. I have a very nice 79 TA.

This car is STRONG, fast, dependable, driveable, and SUPER nice for a 3rd gen (sounds awesome too).
83k on car Automatic
9 bolt rear 4wheel disk (ALOT of brake work)
Edelbrock TPI aluminum heads (installed in 06, maybe 600 miles on the heads) SLP headers Best of the BEST used, and GREAT attention to detail and quality.
EXTREMELY tight handling car, superb on the highway stock bottom end motor (roller cam, SUPER clean inside the motor)

ALOT of new stuff on the car. I can't list it here. We were at Bellmore train station last night, and will be at Cedar Beach tonight

Con's: Clear coat on hood is bubbled (excellent GM quality in paint LOL ) Automatic (sorry I'm not a fan of automatic transmissions) other than that, this is the perfect car to use for everyday use, fun weekend getaways, a ride for your other half.

Like i said, this car has power and is a true pleasure to drive on the highway.

DO not miss the attempt at buying such a GEM for this price. I have been in the car industry for over 25 years, and i know a good ride for the price, this truly has to be one of the best offers out there. Again, the exception being the hood. If you paint this car, and use some elbow grease on the rims, this would definitely be a show quality car that many will admire. If you readjust the timing, you can easily run 87 octane and still have plenty of power.

There is to much to tell about the car, and i will go over everything in person. 5k for a car of this quality and performance is a steal. We are moving to Yuma AZ and we have to many toys to take with us. Take a look at this car and you will be pleased.

We also have spare parts that i never had the chance to install:
new GM console (complete) new interiors pieces (switches, pedals, etc)
CGS subframe connectors
SLP cold air box
some other odds and ends

as of yesterday:
new battery
oil change
tranny fluid change ( I have the Derale tranny pan with cooling fins and drain plug)
AC recharge (134a) The 1988 model year has a unique AC system compared to other years, bad move for GM in 88 (list this as a con too, unless you can reconvert back to R12)

I have access to a shop so i do all my own work. Alignment is dead on, totally straight, awesome tires too you will truly enjoy this ride, and it also have a great audio system (again best of the best used)

Sunday is the dead line if we keep or sell the car, we are moving this week coming up.

Don/Denise
631 696 7568
cell: 516 702 3942

Please, due to our severe time constraints and work ahead of us, no time wasters please, even though we love talking and meeting people, we have alot ahead of us to finish up. If you want to BS see us tonight at Ceader Beach, you can't miss my TA, and hers will be right there too (unless it rains tonight)
Attached Thumbnails 88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY-p7250003.jpg   88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY-p7250008.jpg   88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY-p7250012.jpg  
Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Re: 88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY

some more photos
there is alot of great work completed on this car, with attention to quality parts, including SSBC aluminum dual piston calipers on the front with cross drilled and slotted Raybestos brake rotors all around and Earls stainless steel hoses.

$5k for the car and the parts (not seperating anything)
Attached Thumbnails 88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY-p7250014.jpg   88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY-p7250001.jpg   88 Formula 350 TPI Coram, Long Island NY-p7250009.jpg  
Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 AM

Proud to say we gave the car away last night to one of my friends.

gave it to Travis who is 16 (I know i didn't want a kid having it) but it went to very well known friends and he is keeping it garaged with all the other cars they have. At 16 he already has 2 collector cars, and i truly believe these cars will start climbing in value in a few more years.

I know he was extremly excited to drive it last night, and it's a great ride that they will enjoy....

Funny part was after the car was sold, or in the process of closing the deal at the beach last night, 4 other people were ticket off cause they wanted the car.

aside from the clear coat issue on the hood, everyone loved the car, and like i said it was truly a GEM for this price.

best of luck to Travis (and yes Missy was in tears last night cause she didn't want to sell it)
Old 07-30-2008, 04:33 AM

Car: 1979ta, 1981 formula
Engine: 400 sbc 403 olds
Transmission: th350 th400
Axle/Gears: 308 373

what is the price?
Old 07-30-2008, 08:59 AM

Car: 1985 Firebird SE
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700-4r
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt

Originally Posted by snake70
what is the price?
I figure he may be too busy moving to answer you right away, but if you read his last post the first thing he said in it is the car is gone.....

Post before that he said $5k though....
Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM

sorry its been hectic here
i was orginally asking 5500 for the car
which like i said to me is a total steel for a car of this nature with the quality in it, and those that did drive it were astound by it. I know it's hard to take someone's word for their work and quality, but those that know me, know my integrity and skills. We did take a loss on the car, but naturally that is expected with work like this. It's all a labor of love.

i told everyone that this car was a total gem (with the exception on the clear coat on the hood)

I haven't taken any $$ for the car as of yet, but like i said i gave to to one of our best friends son... plus he is going to store our 79 TA and do some other things for us, so it works out for all of us

they will truly treasure this car and put the finishing the details that this car needs to make it a true GEM, and deserves

I do feel even though these cars are not selling for much $$, but they will be climbing in value over the next 5-10 years without a doubt

I did get offers of 5-6k for the car. someone hesistated to long and Glenn and Travis snatched it up (and we couldn't be more happier, despite Missy being in tears that she had to let the car go)

if you want to see the car in person or talk about it, if the weather holds out we will be in Bellmore Train Station Friday night

Travis has already started to polish the intake up and it looks super nice so far

Glenn is also selling the 86 convertible Mustang he bought Travis (they have to many collector cars at home). If anyone is interested, its in nice shape all stock, automatic convertible (some new interior work and top too)

If anyone has any questions on what we did to the car, feel free to email us, or stop by and see Travis with it. Just keep in mind the move we are going through right now