Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

86 Birdie, runs 10's N/A through pipes, street legal

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
IHI
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 firebird with 98 firebird interi
Engine: pump gas 427sbc Dart Lil M 13.5:1
Transmission: Oldani TH400 w/ BTE 9" convertor
Axle/Gears: 31 spline Moser/full spool/4.11Rich
86 Birdie, runs 10's N/A through pipes, street legal

Street/Strip car, multiple time event winner, 93 octane, street legal, runs 10.70's through the mufflers and will go faster with other cam that goes with car. MANY other parts go along with this, so bring a truck or big trailer if you buy. Ran a 10.68 @ 127mph with other cam i am sending with purchase and that was with completely wrong converter...it ought to run great with the new converter that's in there now. consistant 1.47 60's. Right now car runs good, just needs to have a tiny bit more tuning to drop into the lower end of the 10's. Car weighs 3720 going down the track with my 200lb butt in it.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1937066

Car: 1986 Pontiac Firebird
I purchased 7 yrs ago and have invested literally tens of thousands into the car redoing things to make it neater, faster, win more races...driver has dropped the ball more often than not. Custom made cowl hood, used a GTA stock hood and had a 4" fiberglass cowl molding onto it. Flaws-hood has dent when alternator pulley exploded, but can have repaired if need be. bottom of quarter panels has the clear coat burned off from hot rubber and thousands of burnouts.

Interior:
retro fitted from a 1998 firebird. HVAC ports I have installed Autometer phantom guages. Volt, Speedo(does not work with latest race tranny since tranny has no provision for speedo cable), fuel, tach, fuel psi, oil psi, water temp, tranny temp. MSD shift light that takes the pill to activate, B&M pro ratchet shifter. 6 point roll cage, MSD adjustible rpm switch for staging line rpm's, factory 98 firebird buchet seats, 98 dash, 98 door panels, 98 center console, power windows, black carpet. Has 800Watt stereo system I would like to keep, but we can mull that over if serious about buying. Rear mounted battery with shut off switch under pass side bumper. Manual steering with Grant steering wheel. all lights are functional. Transbrake button on steering wheel, burnout button on shifter handle. Only 1 switch to control water pump/dual eletric fans-switch runs them manually, or you can put it on auto and the car will self cool after a round and shut itself off @ 140*.

Engine:
427cid, Dart Lil M, Callias Comp Star 4" stroke, Manley 6" H beam rods, JE forged pistons 13.5:1 but currently engine only at 11.8:1 compression with pistons down in the hole, SFI approved flexplate, high torque mini starter, Melling HV oil pump, 1 piece pan gasket, Comp timing chain and roller button, stamped steel timing chain cover with stiffener ribs stamped in. Comp solid roller cam, Crower severe duty solid lifters, Comp 3/8" .080 pushrods, Jessel Sportsman shaft rockers 1.5 both sides, Brodix KC T1 227 heads that have been massaged, Manley race flow valves, titanium retainers, Hooker Super Comp 1 3/4" headers, Super Victor intake that's been gasket matched and massaged under carb area, 2" open phenolic spacer, Holley 950HP carb. 31x19 aluminum radiator with dual electric fans.

Ignition:
MSD 6AL, MSD billet distributor, MSD 8.5mm wires, MSD 3 step (only one side hooked up right now) NGK plugs, MSD adjustible rpm switch inside car for staging line adjustiment if needed.

Tranny:
Oldani built TH 400, BTE 8" CCX C+100 conveter flashes 5200, JW reverse pattern manual valve body/trans brake. Completely gone through and rebuilt this spring with maybe 30 runs on it. Deep aluminum pan with drain, 1350 yoke. -8 lines coming out of tranny into biggest trans cooler BTE makes. 3" steel driveshaft with solid 1350 joints

Rearend:
Moser Ford 9" built to fit this chasis. disc brakes, 31 spline Moser axles, full spool, 4.11 richmond gears, Strange center section with 1350 yoke.

Fuel System:
Factory tank has been sumped, -10 main line, -8 return line. Rayco fuel filter/water seperator, A1000 fuel pump, 2 other inline fuel filters before regulator after pump, A1000 return regulator, -6 lines to carb bowls.

Chasis:
pretty much all factory, nothing major done other than adding sub frame connectors and roll bar

Suspension:
front- factory design, Lakewood 90/10 struts, new tie rods, center link, ball joints, Moroso BBC trick springs, disc brakes, manual steering box.

Jegster adjustible torque arm

rear- factory rear coil springs (air bags still installed but schrader valve removed after i installed new anti roll bar) Wolfe Craft anti roll bar, Lakewood 50/50 shocks, Spohn tubular lower control arms, factory panhard bar.

Extra's:
350 block that is still good-bored .060 over, I lost a crank on my old 388 but still have the rods/pistons that will go with this car.
Bullet 7/4 swap solid roller that will need 2 lobes repaired (was quoted $100 to have this done) and car ran 10.68 with this cam and wrong converter, ought to really fly with this current converter that's installed.
Moroso sbc trick springs (right now car is set up to run sbc or BBC)
Hooker Super Comp BBC headers
extra polished aluminum valve covers, air cleaner
Comp Pro Mag roller lifters that will need to be sent in for a rebuild
any other stuff i find when you come to pick car up.

Bottom Line: Turnkey ready to roll and win races as it sits $15K OBO with all the extra's..I have that in the engine to this point so you basically getting a free car.

Any other questions email me:
j.meighan@mchsi.com or joshmeighan@yahoo.com

Reason for selling:
My small construction business is getting busier and busier each year, I have less free time than i ever thought i would and family time is almost non existant during my peak summer months, and I feel selfish taking more time away from them and not doing family related things since wife and daughter are just not into racing. This is a good car, it's always worked and always gotten me along ways in about every race I've entered, the car has always done it's job and it has typically been my fault when i lose a round, plain and simple. I hate to see it go, we've been together ahile, I've spent alot of time working on it, many many tens of thousands doing, redoing, etc..like we all do. But this will make somebody a really fun dual purpose car or No Box car, whatever you want. I think the asking price is more than fair considering everything in it and going with it.

Thanks for looking
Josh
Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 PM

Re: 86 Birdie, runs 10's N/A through pipes, street legal

BUMP! sick *** car man
Old 11-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 z28
Engine: 383 sbc, 88mm turbo a2w IC, CSU 750
Transmission: th-400 PTC 4000 stall
Axle/Gears: ford 9" 3.55 gear

Bump for ya Josh. Great seller, and awesome guy, sorry to hear the car has to go, but Family first. Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:56 AM
IHI
Supreme Member

Car: 86 firebird with 98 firebird interi
Engine: pump gas 427sbc Dart Lil M 13.5:1
Transmission: Oldani TH400 w/ BTE 9" convertor
Axle/Gears: 31 spline Moser/full spool/4.11Rich

Thanks for the bumps guys