FAQ Building Board This isn't a "question" board. This board is where we all can figure out what we need added/changed to the FAQ on thirdgen.org.

Thirdgen.org Buyers Guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2000, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thirdgen.org Buyers Guide

We should start a FAQ section that will serve as a buyers guide for those considering purchase of a thirdgen. There's a post on the tech board of a guy thinking of buying a Camaro but is unsure of what to look for. We need something to help folks like him out. The FAQ should include common problem areas, repair costs, average prices, total cost of ownership (gas, insurance, repairs and maintenance, etc). It should tell the prospective thirdgen owner things like what engines are best, what model years are best, and so on. Maybe things like the difference between TPI, TBI, Cross-fire injection, and carburetors. Lastly, maybe a few short stories from owners about how they like their cars. With a little good writing and luck, we can show the right path to those who are choosing between a riceburner and a real car. Looking back on my car, I wish I had such a buyers guide available when I bought mine.

------------------
Mark Robinson
'91 Z28, LB9/700R4, BBK 52mm throttle body, Accel wires/cap/rotor/coil, t-tops, Boston/Sony/Kicker audio.
Coming soon: Headers, hi-flo cat, Flowmaster single 3" catback exhaust, Accel 300+ or MSD 6AL ignition, and adjustable FPR.
A little about my Z28: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~ht2sw
Freedom is not Free!