FAQ Building Board This isn't a "question" board. This board is where we all can figure out what we need added/changed to the FAQ on thirdgen.org.

Swap out questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2000, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swap out questions

Now in a swap to 90 degree engine i know that we would have to get the 3/4" plate for the tranny/engine, i know the engine lines up, altho ya have to get the V8 mounts as they sit lower. I know the springs in the front should be changed altho i have also been told that they will work. Now the questions.

1: will a mechcanical engine fuel pump draw fuel thru the tank pump, if the tank pump's fuse is taken out?

2: will the driveline line up and work with the new tranny/engine combo.

3: Will the V6 exhuast line up with the V8 headers OR will i have to get a V8 exhuast before a switch.

4: Will there be any major difficultlies in hooking up the throttle linkage to a carbed 305/350?

5: Will the carbed engine clear the hood with air filter or is there a clearance problem?

6: Can the v6 tranny cross member be used for the turbo 350 tranny, will it line up and bolt in as well?

I need someone that has done this to chat to me, give me anything that ya ran into, that i may need to buy. I saw the swap artical on this board BUT it doesn't make any referance to any of my questions and his email no longer is there. i ask now as this morning my car died . I am lucky in the fact i can get a ride to work for now BUT will need to do a swap fast, i think it best if i goto a V8 as i know them best for my younger/racing days. I will be looking to buy a V8 (305/350/400 SBC) in the next 2 weeks, so if anyone has one kicking around and/or has a 350 tranny i am interested in talking. I live in texas and can pickup the motor/tranny within a 125 mile radius from dallas/fortworth. Thanks all....