Fabrication Custom fabrication ideas and concepts ranging from body kits, interior work, driveline tech, and much more.

AC-heater delete

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:09 AM

Car: 89 Firebird Formula
Engine: chevy 5.7 V8 TBI but carbed soon
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: no freakin clue lol
AC-heater delete

whats up guys!! Havent posted in this board yet so here is what im doing. Im doing a tbi to carb switch and im cleaning out the stuff i dont need. I removed my heater and ac box and that left me with two big holes on the passenger side firewall. So i got out the old grinder and grinded off the lip that the heater blower mounted two and did the same for the rest of the area. I then went to ace hardware and got a plate of sheet metal cut it to fit and then i put a good amount of silicone around the holes and screwd the plate in. It looks pretty good and if i ever wanted to put any gages in the engine compartment all i have to do remove the plate and cut out the holes for the gages install them and screw the plate back in.
Old 10-27-2008 | 05:54 PM

Re: AC-heater delete

post up some pics of it...im wantin to delete mine... worked for a few weeks and then it all leaked out so im just goin to do away with it... dont need ac... got the 2-70 ac..