Exhaust Post your questions and suggestions about stock or aftermarket exhaust setups. Third Gen exhaust sound files and videos!

Which Aero Chamber Muffler If I Go That Route

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z-28
Engine: Chevy ZZ4
Transmission: Select Built 700R4
Axle/Gears: Moser Axles / 3.73 Richmond Gears
Which Aero Chamber Muffler If I Go That Route

Like many people, I'm getting tired of the crackle metal rap sound from my Flowmaster muffler at certain rpms. It's the Force II 3" system with SLP 3/4" shorties, no cat, and it has the single 3" offset in/out which brings me to the question. The only Aero Chamber I see with that configuration is a 14" case where as the single in/dual out is a 20" case so is the single 3" in/out too small to be used like this (single muffler setup)? My thinking is it will be ok but I wouldn't mind others opinions.

I've also only seen/heard video clips with the dual out setup so does anyone have a sound clip with this style Aero Chamber muffler?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 85 Likes on 72 Posts
Car: 87TA 87Form 71Mach1 93FleetWB 04Cum
Re: Which Aero Chamber Muffler If I Go That Route

Generally larger case mufflers will support more hp. As far as configuration, it's not really that big a deal, factory style entered the muffler toward the back of the car and exited towards the front (offset offset), aftermarket setups use offset mufflers the same way, the other way and even center/center, you just adjust the tailpipe and intermediate pipe lengths for it, luckly you've got the setup that takes the longest pipes, you should be able to take what you have an cut it and reweld it to work for just about muffler setup