Exhaust Post your questions and suggestions about stock or aftermarket exhaust setups. Third Gen exhaust sound files and videos!

A.I.R. Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS Heritage Edition
Engine: 3.1 V6
Transmission: Stock Automatic
Axle/Gears: Stock Chevy Axle and Gears
A.I.R. Pipe

I have a question about the AIR system on my 1992 Camaro RS 3.1 V6. On the passenger side exhaust manifold, there is a small pipe called the Air Injection Reactor Pipe with a check valve at the end. I recently ordered a new manifold an cannot remove the old pipe from the old manifold due to a small compression fitting. I have gone as far as calling a Chevy dealer to have me told that our wonderful friends at GM discontinued the part. Also, the junk yards in my area do no have a vehicle that old. So I am resorting to the internet websites with car parts but I have had no luck. I am trying to reassemble my car before August so I can drive to Vo-tech to study auto mechanics full day. I am hitting the most irritating roadblock ever with this car. Anyway if anyone, anyone at all could post a link to a part site or help me, it would save this vehicle from a short trip to the junkyard.