Engine Swap Everything about swapping an engine into your Third Gen.....be it V6, V8, LTX/LSX, crate engine, etc. Pictures, questions, answers, and work logs.

350 Blueprint engines swap, holly sniper EFI wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350 Blueprint engines swap, holly sniper EFI wiring help

Hello, I recently inherited this car from my late grandfather and I am searching for some help regarding the wiring. It has a blueprint engine 350 small block Chevy with a Holly Sniper 2 attached. It also has a Tremec magnum-f trans and Hawks custom 8.8 rear. SO, I am 20 years old and a novice in wiring. I will attach some photos of the rats nest I am trying to deal with. I would like to clean up the engine bay as nicely as possible, so if I can remove any wires that is preferable. If I have to tuck them away I can do that as well. This car has no AC as well so dont worry about the wiring or anything for that. Any help is appreciated I could

use it.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am L69
Engine: Sniper EFI Powered 355
Transmission: WC T5 w/ Steel Support Plate
Axle/Gears: 3.42 10 Bolt Posi
Re: 350 Blueprint engines swap, holly sniper EFI wiring help

That is ugly for sure and looks unfinished.

I would start by reading the manual you need to understand how it is wired and what is left.

The I/O connector is still fully populated so you can remove wires there with a depin tool. You can repurpose the relay bracket on the driver side firewall I did that for my kit and it cleans up stuff. I see your fuel pump wiring under the hood you need to run that.

Move the clutch master cylinder reservoir back to the factory place that will free up wiring space. Let us know what your plan is after reading the manual

The following users liked this post:
LaneShumaker04 (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sure is ugly, I am grateful it is mine though and I really want to get it running great and looking great. I have read throught the manual and everything seems to be wired properly other than the distributor but that is temporary I was testing something out and plan to rewire that properly. The depin tool would be used to get rid of the wires that im not using from the holly harness? Is it really neccessary to run the fuel pump wire all the way to the back? Also, this is a manual swap it came from factory with a 700r4. Therefore, I dont have that factory bracket for the clutch master cylinder so ill have to buy one I suppose. As for all the excess wiring from the factory harness and all the TPI garbage, can I just cut out what im not using?
Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM
Supreme Member

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts
Car: 92 Firebird
Engine: Supercharged 6.0
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 3.73

I'd pull all of the wiring out and go through it

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-...p-3rd-gen.html

There are a few other things like fuel system I'd suggest a redo on. The fuel filter directly over the manifold/header, TB to filter fuel line too short etc

Being a novice only means you have plenty to learn. Read, do, succeed, fail, learn. That's all there is to it really