Engine Swap Everything about swapping an engine into your Third Gen.....be it V6, V8, LTX/LSX, crate engine, etc. Pictures, questions, answers, and work logs.

90 rs

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90 rs

ive got a 90 rs camaro i bought a few months ago. i keep having a draw on the battery. it was switch over to a 327 carbed engine. they have a million wires goin to the battery. ive go those narrowed down to only the lights ignition and crank. it does have power windows and power locks. im wanting to get rid of ALL wires in the engine bay besides the ones i need for the lights, windows, and mirrors, and alternator and ignition. if someone could show me a diagram of just that it would be great! that way i could get rid of the draw on the battery i hope.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 90 rs

Originally Posted by steve90rs
ive got a 90 rs camaro i bought a few months ago. i keep having a draw on the battery. it was switch over to a 327 carbed engine. they have a million wires goin to the battery. ive go those narrowed down to only the lights ignition and crank. it does have power windows and power locks. im wanting to get rid of ALL wires in the engine bay besides the ones i need for the lights, windows, and mirrors, and alternator and ignition. if someone could show me a diagram of just that it would be great! that way i could get rid of the draw on the battery i hope.
$20 and you have all of your answers.

http://www.amazon.com/1990-Chevrolet...4509072&sr=1-1
Old 05-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1992 RS
Engine: Carbed 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi
Re: 90 rs

Sounds like another wire hack job. Folks always want to tear everything out, then rewire what's needed (making a mess), rather than just removing what's not used.

There should have been only one wire on the pos battery terminal ... the pos battery cable. Then, there should have been 2-4 fusible links connected to the starter on the same post that the pos battery cable connects. Then, there would have been 4-6 other positive wires connected to the power distribution block located low between battery corner and radiator corner.

Plenty of wiring diags available here: http://www.austinthirdgen.org/index.php?pid=19

There's a ton of 1992 stuff, 99% of it will be the same for your 1990 car.

Good Luck!