Engine Swap Everything about swapping an engine into your Third Gen.....be it V6, V8, LTX/LSX, crate engine, etc. Pictures, questions, answers, and work logs.

power steering brackets with headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power steering brackets with headers

after putting in my 350 and deciding the power steering can wait to be hooked up ive decided that its way to much work to wait any longer.

i cant figure out how to get the brackets back on right!?!?? i know that one of them uses the #1 exhaust manifold studs originally but i can get that bracket in the right place because the header tube is to big in diameter. then there are two more brackets that it uses. the A/C is not going back in the car either.

i had my friend help me take the 305 out and he took off the front accessories, this would be easier if i had at least watched him take it off so i would have a clue how to put it back on. to have him help with the car i bought a case of beer so he dont have a clue either, lol.

i could really use some pics that show the pump in place with headers. or tips to guide me through getting them on the right way.

i think its pretty funny i can put an engine in the car but i cant get the PS working, lol.

thanks

------------------
former 305 crossfire fuel injection
350 cubes
hooker headers
750 vac secondary
700r4 with shift kit
--------------------
"no man with a good car needs to be justified."