Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Engine Monitor in dash?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: grand prix/84 z28
Engine: 4.6 Northstar
Transmission: t-56
Engine Monitor in dash?

Hey,

I have been seeing monitors in the dashs of imports that give out the current rmp, air to fuel ratio, boost, and a much other other stuff that I am not exactly sure of.

What are those systems call?

They seem to be everywhere in import movies on the web.

Thanks for you help:hail: :hail: :hail:
Old 04-11-2002, 06:26 AM

Lots of them avaialble for the import market. Here are a few

Apex'i Super AFC, this is used to change the signal between the maf and the computer to give you a false reading telling the computer is getting more air through the maf than it acctually is, in order to run the car richer or leaner

Apex'i Super AVC-R this is a boost controller that allows the user to see the rpms, the boost, the injector duty cycle and the current kph

TechTom MDM-100, This is a universal unit designed to monitor a lot of different engine functions

Apexi Multichecker, mainly used on Nissans and monitors about everything, think of it as a scan tool with a G-tec built in

HKS CAMP, although discontinued this allows the user to monitor engine functions by the use of an in car television monitor. and has a funky fish tank view, youe engine sensors represent a fish, if your coolant temp gets too high, coolant fishy goes belly up in the tank, if your oil temp is low, oil fishy is like a bottom feeder, idea is if all your fishies are healthy, then they are all swimming normally in the view, got a bottom feeder, your running low, got a floater and you ahve a problem.

and there are many others out there, nothing i have really seen for the domestic market other than a laptop and a scan tool.

Sean
Old 04-11-2002, 07:51 AM

Car: grand prix/84 z28
Engine: 4.6 Northstar
Transmission: t-56
=D