Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Electronic Flasher Relays not helping since LED upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2023, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro RS
Engine: 2.8L V6
Transmission: 700 R4
Electronic Flasher Relays not helping since LED upgrades

I've installed the following LED components, but the turn signals and hazards are not working.

- Digi-tails LED tail lights
- Lasfit 1157 Switchback LED Front Turn Signal Parking DRL Light Bulbs
- LED side marker strip lights - www.ebay.com/itm/403425254536
- grounded electronic AMFRNE 2 Pin LED Flashers (I originally tried non-grounded LDMINDA 2 Pin Electronic LED Flasher Relay)

With the old aluminum flasher relays, the components light up solidly. When I put in the electronic flasher relays none of the signals flash or lights up. I should mention that the running lights, and brake lights all work perfectly fine.

To add, my horn, or reverse lights do not work, in case they're related.

All fuses are checked and replaced and I've regrounded everything I could find. It's a LS swapped LS car, and I've found quite a bit of questionable wiring on the car. Where should I look next? Getting beyond frustrated and confused; especially because wiring is not my specialty.

Last edited by ChevyGuy5; 04-13-2023 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 trans am
Engine: carbed 305 for now
Transmission: 700R4
Re: Electronic Flasher Relays not helping since LED upgrades

i had the same problem when i switched to eBay LED taillights I got the taillights too work with the head light switch on but no brake light. then i read that the 87 trans am Brake lights ran thru the hazard flasher relay, so I replaced that then my turn signals and flashers on the front worked but not the rear and still no brake light. about too got thru the rear wiring with a multi-meter lol, is there anywhere else I should look in too??