Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

PLEASE HELP. Hatch motor pull down stuck running

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE HELP. Hatch motor pull down stuck running

Hi there so I have an 88 Camaro iroc z with the hatch pull down motor where it grabs it when you put the hatch down far enough. So I just got my car running for spring here the battery was dead I charged it and drove it than irked it woke up it was completely dead.. Charged it again next day go to start it it was cranking over but than its like the battery went out. I was thinking the battery is no good which it very well could be but I noticed something funny since the past week here when I charge the battery or drive it or whatever the hatch keeps opening and closing by itself with the hatch motor thing. Can that be killing the battery? How do I fix this please help thanks.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Re: PLEASE HELP. Hatch motor pull down stuck running

Well anything that keeps operating like that when the car is off could certainly kill your battery. Best way to find out is to pull the fuse the motor is on. I can tell you, it's not great for batteries to be drained all the way down. You might want to look into load testing it. A new battery may be in order. I too have an 88 IROC Z. I don't drive it during the winter months. I keep a battery maintainer on it. It's plugged in all the time to stay at full charge. Works great.