Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Code 32 - MAP sensor circuit

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016 | 07:02 PM

Car: 86 Iroc-Z
Engine: Swapped 350 SBC
Transmission: Borg Warner T5
Code 32 - MAP sensor circuit

I've got an 86 Camaro, Vin H, carb'd with 350 swap.

My CEL turns on when i start moving/driving AT ANY SPEED, and turns off when i come to a stop. Over and over, on then off, on then off. AutoXray pulls code 32 and says MAP sensor circuit, which for most models is EGR, but for my model/Vin it says Map sensor circuit. I replaced the male connector and its wiring back into the factory harness nice and neatly as it was old, loose and cracked. It checked the voltage at the connector and it was getting the full 5 volts as it should via the emissions common wire.

To no avail, the CEL keeps doing the same thing. I ran the live data on the AutoXray and I am getting a reading on the MAP sensor through the ALDL no problem? Can't specify what that reading is right this second, but can provide that later. What kind of readings should i be getting for the MAP? My emissions sticker shows the MAPs vacuum line connected to the backside of the carb, which i did.

Any ideas or troubleshooting tips here?
Maybe the ECM itself?
I should trace the wiring all the way back to the ECM, but if im getting a reading...
Old 02-25-2016 | 06:17 PM

Re: Code 32 - MAP sensor circuit

I was incorrect in stating that my emissions stickers shows the MAP sensor at the back of the carb, UNLESS i'm confused and that Vacuum sensor on the driver side firewall IS the MAP sensor... Can anybody clarify?

If it is the MAP sensor, then what is the one on the passenger side cowl that looks exactly the same? And where does the vacuum line plug into if at all? Is it the BARO sensor, and is this not supposed to plug into anything? I've read too many articles/forums/links that i'm confusing myself now, not many people with my same setup, most people are running TBI or TPI.

lol, if i can straighten this out in my head then i might be able to get down to bottom of my problem cuz i'd been checking the wrong one the entire effing time.. 'banging head into desk....'

Edit: **Sensor on the passenger cowl is not show in diagram either, no idea where the vacuum line should go

Last edited by Marucci714; 02-25-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2016 | 06:21 PM

Re: Code 32 - MAP sensor circuit

Edit: maro is an 86, copied the wrong diagram apparently but its the same vacuum diagram as mine