Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Remote Start 90' Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start 90' Camaro RS

-90' Camaro RS 5.0 TBI Automatic
I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of help here, were installing a remote start/keyless entry from audivox and so far I hooked up the BAT1 & BAT2 straight to the battery with 30amp fuses, the Start wire to the tan/white wire going to the neutral safety switch, and was just wondering about a couple more wires.

We already disabled the VATs flag on the prom, and then just ran the yellow wire going to the starter enable relay to the tan/white wire and the ignition 1 wire to the pink wire that was going to the starter enable relay. My question is where would the ignition 2 wire go? According to the manual the only help it provides is that the wire will show +12V in the On/Run position and possibly +12V in the Start position while ignition 1 wire will definitely show +12V in both positions.

I was using the haynes wiring diagram in the back and only saw the Yellow wire and Pink wire coming off the ignition switch, but I'm not sure exactly how to reach it to see if there are any more wires. Also is it okay to just run the ACC wire to the ignition wire for the radio? It has +12V when the key is on accessory and On/Run but not any when on Start so that matched why the book said.

Thanks for the help!