Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Headlight's making Embarrasing knocking noise!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 pontiac Firebird 350 TBI Auto
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: Automatic
Headlight's making Embarrasing knocking noise!!

Hey guys,

i have a 92 firebird TBI Automatic,

when i turn on my light and turn them off i hear the knocking sound for about 5 seconds each time, both lights do it for the same amount of time, they go up and down just fine but make that embarrasing sound, i heard there are some repair kits for this problem, but nobody has posted any links for these kits etc and i cant find any legit one's on the web, i know there are some motors available but i would rather not replace the motors if i dont have to in order to save cash and because i just recently color changed my car to black from white and i had the motors painted, the noise was going on before i painted them so its not the paint or anything like that...anyway, i know other threads describe hellish type scenarios but im not there YET, so i figured i would make a new thread for guys that arent exactly screwed yet LOL, anyway the lights on these cars are like a huge part of its attraction in my opinion, and i think there should be one like section for all things headlights or something... anybody got any links for kits or any suggestions? thanks!!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 145 Likes on 79 Posts
Car: 91 Trans Am
Engine: LSA
Transmission: T56 AWD
Axle/Gears: 8.8 4.10
Re: Headlight's making Embarrasing knocking noise!!

The knocking sounds is the internal gear skipping in the motors because the bushings are crumbled to dust

Do a search on headlight rebuild and use any method you want