Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

All pop-up headlight assemblies - same on all Firebird years?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All pop-up headlight assemblies - same on all Firebird years?

Well, I'm finally getting around to looking for a replacement headlight assembly for my Firebird's drivers side. I accidentally snapped a mounting bracket, so it just sits kind of crooked in place.

I'm wondering if all years use the same assembly, or if some years are different? My car is a '91.

And on a slightly related note, the headlights don't always like to pop up, and I've been told before it's probably a bad control module (They either both pop up, or don't move at all. Motors are good, and it doesn't happen to just one light). Where might a good place to find a cheap one be? or should I try and have the one in it fixed? The new GM ones are pretty spendy, so I'd prefer to avoid that route if possible in the interest of allocating project money towards more important priorities.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: All pop-up headlight assemblies - same on all Firebird years?

BUMP.

Okay, so I found out 91-92 birds used a different style assembly. The question I have now is, do I need any tools other than a socket wrench and a screwdriver to remove the assembly? I'm planning to go pick up a good assembly from a junkyard tomorrow morning to replace my broken one, so I need to know soon, lol. Thanks in advance.