Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

rewiring entire vehicle (painless wiring)

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rewiring entire vehicle (painless wiring)

ok. here's the deal. i have an 84 S-10 with an 88 tpi and a 700r4 in it....both out of a firebird. when i initally did the swap i pretty much hacked the thing together. well...i didnt think i did at the time, but i know better now. well...the harness in the truck is **** and it no longer runs due to numerous electrical problems. well...i figure instead of mickey mousing a bad harness back together ill just replace it all together and do it right. im looking to rewire the entire truck. my intentions are to buy these 3 harnesses. from summit.

part #PRF-10203
Universal, 18 circuit, GM steering column, pickup truck harness

Each Painless Wiring wiring harness features a factory assembled and terminated fuse block with fuses, flashers, and horn relay installed for you. All circuits are identified, and the GM color coded wiring is tagged for easy tracing and assembly. This harness has the GM column mounted ignition switch plug and turn signal switch plug pre-terminated and ready to install. It also includes a fuseable link, headlight plugs, ballast resistor, terminal kit, grommets, wire ties, and complete instructions. The 18 circuit universal harness also features the following circuits: air conditioning/heat, brake lights, coil, electric fan, emergency flashers, headlights, gauges/dash instruments, horn, radio (1 ignition, 1 constant hot), turn signals, wipers, dome/courtesy light, leads for a third brake light, electric fuel pump, power windows, back up lights, cruise control, cigarette lighter, power door locks, speaker wires, power antenna, and tachometer. Ample wire is supplied for trucks with extended cabs and long beds.

Sold individually.

part #PRF-30302
For use with electronic speedometers, gauge harness

This universal gauge harness includes GM color-coded wire, quick connects for easy gauge removal, and all the hardware required to wire your gauges. It also includes connectors for the following: Voltmeter, temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, tachometer, fuel level, and illumination lights. It works with VDO, Autometer, Stewart Warner, and most other brands of gauges.

Sold individually.

part #PRF-60202
GM: For vehicles using 1986-89 5.0L/5.7L Chevrolet engines, with MAF sensor, 4 ft. longer than stock, TPI fuel injection wiring harness

This Painless Wiring fuel injection wiring harness includes an OEM-quality replacement harness that can be used to retrofit GM fuel injection into almost any vehicle. It features correct color-coded wiring and proper connectors for the application installed on both ends. It's sold complete with easy-to-follow instructions and a list of the sensors, computer, and relays required for installation.

Sold individually.

i also plan on buying a new ecm from GM...and all new gauges. Is there anything that im forgetting here? am i going to run into a problem putting these harnesses together and making having them rewire the entire truck? any comments or suggestions? im about to spend oodles of ones on wires and i dont want to have it not work. thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails rewiring entire vehicle (painless wiring)-my-pictures.jpg  
Old 03-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 RS
Engine: 305 Tbi (L03)
Transmission: 700r4
Im not sure why youd need the first one because you shouldnt have had to hack up that harness to install the motor but the other two look like what youll want.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump
Old 03-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 86 Camaro
Engine: L98 350 bore .060 out, Carb power
Transmission: slusher 700 beatbox
painless stuff is pretty good. i wouldnt invest in a new ecm, just get one off the classifieds for your engine. is it a stocker or does it have work? you could get your old one sent out to get reprogs to handle whatever you have done to the engine. i know if you have work done, the engine wont run right sometimes because its still using the factory progin for the stock inturnals...