Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Rear Brake Light Mod's

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Supreme Member

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Car: '87 IROC
Engine: LB9
Transmission: TH700R4
Re: Rear Brake Light Mod's

The idea is OK, but you're relying on the idiot looking at the bar graph to be able to actually interpret what they're seeing.

I don't think the general public is that smart.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 86-FireBird
Engine: -MPFI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Originally Posted by paulo57509
The idea is OK, but you're relying on the idiot looking at the bar graph to be able to actually interpret what they're seeing.

I don't think the general public is that smart.

Ahhh but it does and they do. Its amazing really. The short time its been off has been proof of that. When its on there folks stay the F back. Plus when I do come across another sports car 90% of them think twice. Have had Vetts n all run up on me then back off when they notice Im shifting. As no one can tell I have a V6 from my exhaust. [Straight shot cherry bomb, no cat, makes it sound like a V8 with a ratty old muffler. Which is better then its screaming Im a 6, Im a 6 like the rest. Have fooled many with that one too.]

Though once its back on Ill report how well it works with the new notchback.[see sig]
Thats adds allot of "race me" factor to it over the stock hatch.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 86-FireBird
Engine: -MPFI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Ok I got it finished up. I put a rubber gasket like around the outside to make it more clean though the whole tach is sealed up with silicone. Since I repaint the whole thing I nearly bought a new sticker set or something to rebadge the back. [Don't want folks assuming its a fiero or camaro from the back, YUK]
But then I membered I had the fenders badges still. Gave it a little polish and it looked nice. So I stuck it on there. Almost put it on the rigth side hatch lip but the whole car will be painted again soon so that was a no go. Looks decent enough there and folks will know what it is.

If ya wounder this is what I use on the fenders.
[Rims are now black too. hate chrome.]