Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

'85 Camaro: CE Light, but can't get codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003 | 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'85 Camaro: CE Light, but can't get codes

I just bought this car, so I have no idea what sort of devilry that was inflicted on it by the po. At first glance, all the wiring to the carb and distributer seems fine, but there are several plugs on the passanger side of the engine compartment that are unhooked. I have no idea what (or if) these need to be connected to. The check engine light remains on constantly and shorting the proper pins on the aldl does not display the codes. I know I could just install a vacuume advance distributer and a non-computer controlled carb, and I may in the future, but I'd like to find out why the original setup isn't working first. Also, I've read somewhere that the torque converter not locking up can destroy a 700r4 due to the fluid not passing through the cooler while the converter is unlocked. If anybody could point me in the direction of where to start tracking down the problem, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
Tony