Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Theatre Lighting Control wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1985 Camaro, 2015 Audi A4
Engine: V8
Transmission: 700R4
Theatre Lighting Control wiring...

got my centech fader today in the mail today so that i can add theatre lighting to my car...

the four wires are (red)+12 in, (black)ground in, (white)door switch (ground when open), and a (yellow) +12 to the lightbulb.

problem is that i want all three lights to fade, not just the dome, the dome only would be a peice of cake...

the bulbs get +12v all the time, only when the doors open or the dome switch is on do they get a ground to complete the circuit. the problem with that is that on the fader, the ground is constant and the +12v is switched.

I was thinking i could trace the oranger power wires from all three bulbs back to the fuse block, cut'em off and hook'em up to the yellow positive of the fader...that should mean that i just need to wire both door switches to the white wire on the fader and ground the white wires comming from the bulbs. The problem is that my dome light is either going to function with the dimmer or not at all, so i'm wanting to know how i'm gonna get past having the dome switch fade it without buying a seperate fader for each door...

i want the dome to come on and go off as normal, but i want both door switches to activate the fader...how can i do it?

any ideas are welcome, i really won't wanna run a bunch of wire, so i'm hoping i can easily do this with wires aready in the car and hook the box up by the fuse block...thanks in advance

p.s. i can scan in the schematic of the box if it would help, but it's exactly as i explained above, only four wires...