Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

BAD BAD Day for my Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD BAD Day for my Camaro

Sigh... She hasn't been treating me kindly these past few days even though I give her only Castrol Full Syntec oil and at least 89 gas (93 when I have plenty of cash). Anyway, my water pump went bad sunday night, got it fixed today, no big deal its cooler running than ever. Girlfriend forgets to charge her cell phone over night so its dead when we are leaving the house again, so I go down the street to go get my step dads in-car cell phone charger. Plug the bitch into the cig lighter and nothing.. Damn.. So I plug the radar detector back in and nothing.

Seems like since coming back from Sea World in orlando and putting on 280 miles on the car in one day the water pump went bad and I noticed Saturday that the radar detector plug had to be jiggled and turned a bit before it would stop freaking out and stay on.

Now none of this works:
1.Power locks dead
2.Electronic Hatch Dead
3.Power mirrors dead
4.Overhead light dead
5.Hazards (they never worked to begin with though)

Get this though, these all work:
1. Power windows
2.Guage lights
3.All head and tail lights
4.Turn signals
5.Basically all the rest of the power features.

I went down to Discount Auto and replaced every damn fuse in that fuse box just to be sure EXCEPT those larger 30A 12V fuses that power the "WDO" and "PWR ACC". I still don't know if those are dead because discount was all out of the 30A 12V, they had plenty of the 30A 14V ones though.

I swear, I dunno what the hell is wrong?

Is there a hidden relay or engine fuse box? I know my Dodge had one inside the engine, but was very easy to get to and replace. Its a bitch to unplug the battery cables to reset the ECM because its side mounted and its jammed up against the radiator resovoir.

Any ideas whats up? I just dropped a crapload on it today and I don't want to pay a mechanic another 3-500 bucks of labor while he tries to figure out what went wrong. Only thing I can't live without is that power hatch... I'm just glad I didn't have groceries or anything in the trunk because I can't get it open and I left the black sun shield on too so it'd be a bitch to get too it. Thanks a lot for any suggestions..!
Old 06-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 RS
Engine: 406 Stealth Ram
Transmission: 700R4
Is yuor cig lighter all rusty? Try unpluging the cigarette lighter and replacing the acc fuse (it may have blown again).
Old 06-17-2002, 07:17 PM

Nope its clean and what fuse controls the cig lighter?? The fuse box is very unhelpful and kinda confusing. For the record, I unplugged the cig lighter and tried the features still dead..
Old 06-17-2002, 10:42 PM

"WDO" circuit breaker = power window circuit
"PWR ACC" circuit breaker = power lock solenoids & mirrors

courtesy fuse = domelights, cigar lighter, power lock switches, radio memory backup
Old 06-18-2002, 12:32 AM

My lighter socket developed a short and took out the fuse and it was just like yours. The locks and lighter are on the same fuse. Just replace the acc. fuse and try it. BTW, if a fuse is bad, you can see it has an open in the wire running through it. Sometimes you can "steal" a high amp fuse from another slot and swap it in place of others to find the bad one instead of replacing them all.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:01 AM

Update on what I did this morning:

1. Unplugged the red battery connector and all of those little wires that go to that one bolt and cleaned everyone of those things and connected them back.

2.Replaced that hidden fuse that is mounted on the body on the black side of the battery (20AMP one).

3. Since the pwr wdo fuse and the ACC fuses are the same, switched them and the power windows worked with both fuses, so obviously BOTH of them are good.

I'll be damned I just looked at that ACC fuse which I obviously overlooked or it blew again since last night and all my crap works again!!:lala: :lala: