DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

LS1 programming

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1 programming

I asked a while ago about custom LS1 programming. Grumpy told me that Lingenfelter must have some deal with GM to be able to tune the Corvettes for the twin trubo application, because most places can't do that yet. Fast chips is doing LS1 programming, and Hyper Tech has their power programemr (hardly custom programming though). Anybody know if TunerCat or somebody has come out with a product so we can mess with the LS1 vitals?

Jason
Old 02-25-2002, 08:23 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: LS1 programming

Originally posted by 89-5.0
I asked a while ago about custom LS1 programming. Grumpy told me that Lingenfelter must have some deal with GM to be able to tune the Corvettes for the twin trubo application, because most places can't do that yet. Fast chips is doing LS1 programming, and Hyper Tech has their power programemr (hardly custom programming though). Anybody know if TunerCat or somebody has come out with a product so we can mess with the LS1 vitals?
Jason
Tunercat said later this spring.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:49 AM

Thanks Grumpy, you've answered both my questions while one of them has been sitting on the DFI board for days now.

Jason
Old 02-25-2002, 09:52 AM

Car: Camaro Z28 1LE R7U
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: G-Force Dog-Ring T5
So: who makes cables and interface software to re-program the PCM via the ALDL??? and (GULP) How much? - dare I ask...
Old 02-25-2002, 12:08 PM
doc
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: '87 IROCZ
Engine: 395 ZZ4
Transmission: ProBuilt 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70s
If you go to www.carputing.com, you will see a program thru which you can modify the fuel management system in the LS1 PCMs. This company also has an editor for LT1 cars.

I received my LS1_Edit program last week and have been very busy modifying the MAF tables in order to bring my long term fuel trims (BLMs for us OBDI guys) down to zero or a slight negative number.

The LS1 stuff comes with software and a cable to connect your laptop to the diagnostic port. You copy to a file the contains of the PCM, then with the editor portion of the software, you can edit a variety of tables, then you flash your new program back onto the PCM.

Great stuff, I'm having a great time tuning my LS1 Camaro SS!!!
Old 02-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Originally posted by doc
If you go to www.carputing.com, you will see a program thru which you can modify the fuel management system in the LS1 PCMs. This company also has an editor for LT1 cars.

I received my LS1_Edit program last week and have been very busy modifying the MAF tables in order to bring my long term fuel trims (BLMs for us OBDI guys) down to zero or a slight negative number.

The LS1 stuff comes with software and a cable to connect your laptop to the diagnostic port. You copy to a file the contains of the PCM, then with the editor portion of the software, you can edit a variety of tables, then you flash your new program back onto the PCM.

Great stuff, I'm having a great time tuning my LS1 Camaro SS!!!
If you were to visit the DIY-EFI archives you wouldn't be so in love with the LT1_edit group.
They were also buying a couple LS1 PCMs the last I heard cause they were locked up after trying the LS1 stuff.
IMO, for what he charges, you should get a date with some model.
Locking you into one pcm is a nice marketing tool.
I'll wait for the Tunercat, Thank You.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the info about carputing, however that price is outrageous.

Jason
Old 02-27-2002, 06:19 PM

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383
Transmission: Pro-Built 700R4 2400 ACT Stall
Axle/Gears: 2.77 Borg Warner 9-Bolt
Being a member of Ls1tech.com and ls1.com i think most people use MTI (although they use LS1 Edit now) or they go for superchips, hypertech, Ed Wright, etc. I think Morgan Motorsports (MMS) does programming with LS1 edit also. For now, that seems to be the best bet, which is having someone else do it. If you don't mind the ole' tag game that normally comes with sending pcms and testing without actually being there then it could be the way to go. Until then, as far as i can see, LS1 edit costs some 5xx bucks to do one car. While Ed Wright is close to the same price. Is this for twin turbos? single turbo?, heads/cam? Just interested. If you wanting to just get rid of torque management or raise the rev limiter, then you may wish to weight your options....TunerCat will be here soon...and probably alot cheaper than LS1 Edit, but then again, i know what its like to install a big heads/cam and not to experience all the fun and driveability.

Edit: Damn i bad for rambling...lol