DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

383 w/ HOT cam.. need suggestions on tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
383 w/ HOT cam.. need suggestions on tuning

I have a 383 being built up at the shop right now with the LT4 HOT cam and 30# injectors. I need some suggestions as to what should be done to the computer for it to run properly. I'm using TunerCat.

So far I've been told I need to raise idle across the board about 50rpms (maybe 75). I also need to change the injector size. Also, I need to download VE tables and correct lean/richness once I finally get it running.

I will still have 24# injectors in the car when we start her up for the first time, and I had the spark/fuel curves raised in the current computer, so I think I should be ok for a little while until I can get my ALDL cable in.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-20-2001, 03:07 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Bee-Bowdy
Engine: blowd tree-fity
Transmission: sebin hunnerd
Axle/Gears: fo-tins
For starters, I would recalculate the BPW constant, since you are running a 383 on 24# injectors. That's just the beginning.

I hope someone else has something to say. I've become fairly adept at "tweeking" my PROM since my combo isn't too crazy it's been mostly simple stuff. I'm still not totally sure what I would do if I had a big cam. Is it just a matter of correcting each BLM cell, or is there one big thing you gotta watch out for when you do a cam swap?