DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Changes made by VE Master $8D ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changes made by VE Master $8D ??

I'm wondering if the changes made by VE Master I'm seeing in the VE Tables are normal. I don't see any changes in the upper RPM VE table. See the screen shots below. I'm using DataMaster TTS to log with. I've set VE Master to correct the BLM's to 128, not the default 124. Each VE Master change is given a new .bin name, so the compare I'm showing in TunerPro should be showing the before / after VE Master changes.

Thanks,
dave w
Attached Thumbnails Changes made by VE Master D ??-tims-4-21-12   Changes made by VE Master D ??-tims-4-21-12_04  
Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 PM

Re: Changes made by VE Master $8D ??

I decided to use Microsoft Excel to recalulate the VE tables. The screen shots below show the results using Excel. I'm not sure what to think about VE Master?

dave w
Attached Thumbnails Changes made by VE Master D ??-tims-4-21-12_04   Changes made by VE Master D ??-tims-4-21-12_04   Changes made by VE Master D ??-tims-4-21-12_04  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Sponsor
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 706 Likes on 625 Posts
Car: 1967 Camaro, 91 z28
Engine: Lb9
Transmission: M20
Axle/Gears: J65 pbr on stock posi 10bolt

I thought I read something along time ago that ve master will only work up to 3k just in the lower ve table.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Supreme Member

Yup!

What it does
VEMaster is designed to improve the drivability of LT1-based GM vehicles that have been modified with a high-performance cam and/or cylinder heads. The program uses a log file created by the user driving the car under normal conditions. This log file must currently be made by using the commercial Datamaster software or the freely available Freescan. The program also requires a pcm image file created by Tunercat. LT1-Edit users can convert their .lt1 files to Tunercat .bin files using the TuneConv program.

How it does it
VEMaster parses the logged data file using only closed-loop, part-throttle data. The LT1 computer has 16 closed-loop fuel trim cells. Each of these cells contains 2 pairs of learns: a long-term left-and-right pair (a.k.a. BLM) and a short-term left-and-right pair (a.k.a. INT). For each VE cell in the VE tables, the program grabs the average BLM from the fuel trim cell the VE cell lies in, interpolating if necessary. The pcm bin file is modified, so be sure to make a backup copy before you run the program.

Recommendations for use
Since this program was designed to improve drivability and not top-end power, I recommend tuning no higher than the default setting of 3000 rpm. There are two reasons for this. One, any time you swap in a more radical cam for the stock cam, your VE will suffer at lower rpm's. However, at higher rpm's, the more radical cam will first equal, then exceed, the volumetric efficiency of the stock cam. At these higher rpm's, though, it is safe to assume one will be operating at W.O.T., and the fuel can more easily be controlled by adjusting the Power Enrichment table. Second, the fuel trim cells in stock form end at 2000 rpm. So from 2000 rpm on up, you only have that one set of learns. Presumably, most of the data (and driving) you will be doing will be closer to 2000 rpm than not. Therefore, the accumulated learns your car has in the 2000+ rpm cells will mostly be based upon data in the 2000-3000 rpm range, and thus should not be applied to higher rpms.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 AM

I understand the information that is available for VE Master. I was thinking I would see the compare difference in the .bin files, making sure I renamed and saved each .bin file before and after VE Master processing. The compare differences did not show changes to 3000 RPM. I've been thinking maybe Win7 OS might be effecting VE Master?

dave w
Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Supreme Member

I used one similar to this for LT1 $EE but I think it was written by Craig Moates. It worked in Windows 7.

But these are old programs, your excell spread sheets would be much better.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by EagleMark
I used one similar to this for LT1 $EE but I think it was written by Craig Moates. It worked in Windows 7.

But these are old programs, your excell spread sheets would be much better.
Don't know why I can't track the changes made by VE Master.

Anyway, the attached file is the Excel spreadsheet I put together.

dave w
Attached Files