DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

EBL NO FAN ON, TT-1 TUNING HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBL NO FAN ON, TT-1 TUNING HELP

Hey, Just got my EBL Flash wired to run an electric fan, wired it all up to the directions via @dynamicefi.com, not the same relay as recomended on the site but similar wiring to the relay. I cant figure out why this thing wont turn on???? Mabey its the relay i used wont accept the app. im using it for, or the EBL isnt allowing it to turn on??? Ill post my .bin and my . dat logs for reviewing if anyone has an answer to this.

Second concerns my new TT-1 I just recived. I would like to know the basic steps to tuning with a wideband and what the first things i need to do might be, as in ...... changes to the .bin file that need changing, or any different procedures than tuning with a narrowband sensor.

Any help appreciated, thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip
DATALOG AND BIN NO FAN.zip (273.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 AM

Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: EBL NO FAN ON, TT-1 TUNING HELP

Originally Posted by 89377STROKER
Hey, Just got my EBL Flash wired to run an electric fan, wired it all up to the directions via @dynamicefi.com, not the same relay as recomended on the site but similar wiring to the relay. I cant figure out why this thing wont turn on???? Mabey its the relay i used wont accept the app. im using it for, or the EBL isnt allowing it to turn on??? Ill post my .bin and my . dat logs for reviewing if anyone has an answer to this.

Second concerns my new TT-1 I just recived. I would like to know the basic steps to tuning with a wideband and what the first things i need to do might be, as in ...... changes to the .bin file that need changing, or any different procedures than tuning with a narrowband sensor.

Any help appreciated, thanks
The data log shows the ECM turning on the fan (just do a play back of it and note the fan indicator). Need to check how it is wired. Can test it by doing a key-on, engine-off and grounding pin C2 at the ECM. That should turn on the fan. If not, then a wiring issue.

Note that you can also ground that wire (from pin C2) at the relay to turn on the fan.

Need to do some VE Learns as the BLM is bottomed at 118 during idle. Do some first using the BLM method, Can then continue VE Learns using the WB method.

RBob.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, Just to be VERY clear......Do i ground Pin C2 while the connector pin and wire are fully wired to the relay circut and the key is in the ON possition? I just have had problems poking around in wiring harnesses trying to bypass something and ended up melting some wires, and really do not want to make a simple mistake and fry out my new investment (EBL)

Once again, please negate the fact that i am a complete noob to the TT-1 and the EBL Flash and pretty much tuning all together, as my BLM is at a 118, that is pulling alot of fuel out, and i feel it is probably trying to pull fuel past 118, i have already done like 3 datalogs and VE learns just to obtain the levels my logs show....I think im serously over fueling this motor at idle, i am running an autometer 0-100psi oil pressure sender for fuel pressure to the ECM but the signal i get is not reading on my EBL correctly or something is misadjusted in the prefrence list.

I tried hooking up an electric gauge to the sensor to obtain another FP reading and it isnt reading eighter, but i think this gauge was dropped pretty hard and thats the malfunction. Anyways I got a JET adjustable FP regulator and it only max's out at 20-22 PSI so thats where the FP is and what im getting at.

So can i just bump the BPC vs VAC table in the EBL to just pulse less in the idle ranges or should i turn the FPR down and do some logs then bump it up if it ends up adding lots of fuel??

I know im starting to ramble into other areas of tuning, but does the EBL need to be in OL to tune with the TT-1, and if so anyone have a good post on tuning in the OL mode, on @tirdgen.org......? I have searched for info on the tech boards and just cant find any BASIC beginer tuning forums on using the TT-1 and comanded AFR type tuning Q&A

Thanks
Old 11-02-2011, 08:45 AM

Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check

You can ground pin C2 with the ECM powered up. It is a quad driver output that can only sink current, it can not source current. Now if you put 12 volts to it while the ECM is trying to sink current, the quad driver will release it's smoke.

With the increased fuel pressure be sure to use the EBL Utility to calculate the BPC vs VAC table values. Can then copy & paste directly into Tuner Pro.

If the engine has more then a stock cam it is normal to be richer at idle when starting off. However, more fuel will be required higher in the RPM range. So get the vehicle driveable then start crowding the higher load & RPM range. From the data log observe the AFR and injector DC%.

You may find that more injector flow is required. This is why you don't want to spend much time tuning the lower RPM/load areas, only to have to tune them again later.

The Autometer fuel pressure transducer gets wired to +5 volts (not 12). You can check the output via a DVM and using this equation (for the 100 psi sensor):

psi = (volts - 0.5) * 25.0

For tuning and using the Tuner Pro and the WUD see the two Intro to Tuning pages on our web site. There is also additional information on using the WUD included with the system. There are actually three help documents included, can access them via the Start->All Programs-> EBL Flash program group.

RBob.