DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

AE RPM modifier EBL table Q?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AE RPM modifier EBL table Q?

This ties into my post for cool inlet air/warm coolant thread.

I have witnessed a bog/hesitation at idle with warm engine when I blip throttle. Always a slight hesitation or delay. A/F shows lean then expected enrichmnent(but not excessive. I also feel I am seeing inadequate initial pump shot to feed acceleration from a standing stop at normal speeds.

As far as RPM modifier above I am attmpting to add AE down low 650 rpm to 1500 rpm on that start from standing stop.

I added AE to TPS 0-25% and same at AE MAP 20-80 tables. I was thinkin moving RPM AE to greater values at above RPM. I have currently RPM 400-1800 at +46% to 5% and 2000-4800 at -4% to -77% incrementally. EBL is +15 to 3% at low RPM and zeroed out above 1800. Am I going in right direction?

How does AE Modifier work as far as % so. Is a +% additional AE ???

Edit: Here is Intro to Tuning 2
The results of these two lookups are added together. Then compensated for by the engine RPM:

•"AE - RPM Multiplier %"
Then further compensated for by the engine coolant temperature:

•"AE - CTS Multiplier %"
Both of these compensations can increase or decrease the volume of AE fuel. At higher engine RPM very little AE is required. The airflow through the induction system is high enough to prevent the fuel from falling out of suspension.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 225 Likes on 211 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: AE RPM modifier EBL table Q?

How does AE Modifier work as far as % so. Is a +% additional AE ???
It is a multiplier. Say the AE PW so far is 5 msec. If the RPM compensation is 14%, the resultant AE is 5.7 msec (5 * .14 + 5).

What you are doing is OK. Just watch the 400 RPM row of the RPM compensation table. It is easy to add too much AE and flood the engine. Usually the engine doesn't run there, but can if it stumbles while pulling out from a stop.

Note that changing the RPM table will change the AE for the entire temperature range of the engine.

There are a couple of more tweaks that can be made. There is a delta TPS and a delta MAP threshold before AE will go active. These two:

AE - Delta TPS% Threshold for AE
AE - Delta Map Qualifier

Then the delta MAP qualifier gets doubled when the TPS is lower then this setting:

AE - <TPS% Double MAP Threshold

Delta TPS threshold: Can set this as low as 1.5% to 2% to get AE with the slightest movement of the throttle.

Delta MAP threshold: this one is a little tricky, as setting it too low will cause idle RPM fluctuations to add AE. Also, the threshold is doubled when the TPS % is lower then this value:

AE - <TPS% Double MAP Threshold

Which can be helpful with controlling unwanted AE at idle.

RBob.