DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

tunerpro rt help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 Iroc-z
Engine: worked 350tpi
Transmission: built 700r4
Axle/Gears: auburn pos 4-10
tunerpro rt help?

Im running tunerpro rt and im new to this, Blower works had set up a few bins for me but i seem to keep having the same problem with everyone of there bins.My car in park fully warmed up when i rev it up it spits and pops which means its lean, im runnin 24lb injectors which they said were too small so in the program they set it up for 28lb which is makin it lean when i change the injector size smaller it gets better seems to be almost really good set at 20lb inject by going smaller they said it makes the pulse longer which makes it richer.Im looking for suggestions on which table or what to change at idle or off of idle to make it richer any suggestions? I am running a 305 tpi with work done with a charger at 6 lbs
Old 10-16-2009, 03:58 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Car: 2002 WS6 A4
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Re: tunerpro rt help?

Originally Posted by customirocz
Im running tunerpro rt and im new to this, Blower works had set up a few bins for me but i seem to keep having the same problem with everyone of there bins.My car in park fully warmed up when i rev it up it spits and pops which means its lean, im runnin 24lb injectors which they said were too small so in the program they set it up for 28lb which is makin it lean when i change the injector size smaller it gets better seems to be almost really good set at 20lb inject by going smaller they said it makes the pulse longer which makes it richer.Im looking for suggestions on which table or what to change at idle or off of idle to make it richer any suggestions? I am running a 305 tpi with work done with a charger at 6 lbs
First off make no assumptions about a car, that's how you get yourself into trouble..running lean will cause spitting but this is ALWAYS the issue (especially if you have no wideband to verify). Anyway Need more info on the car...year? Maf or speed density? Want to post that tune up so i can look at it? or email me it at donc@diablosport.com
Old 10-16-2009, 10:07 PM
???
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudmouthSS
First off make no assumptions about a car, that's how you get yourself into trouble..running lean will cause spitting but this is ALWAYS the issue (especially if you have no wideband to verify). Anyway Need more info on the car...year? Maf or speed density? Want to post that tune up so i can look at it? or email me it at donc@diablosport.com
are you running a fmu or something?
cause running a n/a code on a boosted car doesn't really work that great, as you can see by the injector gimicks they are having you do.

your 42 lbs injectors are big enough for your combo. I have 42s on my can running 15lbs of boost on a heads and cam 350 and they arnt even close to maxed out.

can you burn your own chips? or willing to learn. there are some boost codes you may be able to switch to. if your running a map setup. if your running maf it makes things a little different, but still can be done with 42s
Old 10-18-2009, 03:11 PM

Car: 86 Iroc-z
Engine: worked 350tpi
Transmission: built 700r4
Axle/Gears: auburn pos 4-10

Im running accel 24lb not 42s, im running a 305 tuned port inject with a new calibrated mass air from Blowerworks also running ostrich computer system which i can change everything live tuning from my laptop.One thing i had thought of last night which i will call Blowerworks tommarow and see what he thinks too is its too lean at cold start and idle is i have a cold start injector still im not sure if they figured that into the program or not or compensated for it.They said my injectors were a little on the small side but with my fuel pressure at 53lbs they had said it would be ok.Runs good mid and top end just at idle its lean and off the start.Im sure my car needs to be dyno tuned to get it right and the most out of it just dont have the money right now or know know where to take it thats close to flemington, nj. I also have the Innovate wide band scanner thats how i see its lean.I dont think the injectors are too small being i can tune it to see 10.5 afr at wide open throttle im not running an fmu but i do have one to put in

Last edited by customirocz; 10-18-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:04 PM
???
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

well i don't know much at all about the maf code.

but there is a ton of info about tuning them on this site. and i think if your able to run 10.5 at wot, then your not running out of fuel. so idle and start should be fine, injector wise. maybe even easier to tune with the smaller injectors.

if i was you, i'd read the tuner sticky about the code your running, and add some fuel at idle and startup. since you have the stuff to tune and a wideband. your ahead of the game.

as for the dyno, it may be helpful to turn wot, but as far as your lean idle, it wouldn't help you.

on thing i did run into years ago, back before i started tuning. was turning fuel pressure up on the stock gm injectors. they didn't seem to like it. i don't know what brand you have, or how new they are. but with my stock 19s in my 305 with like 100k. anything over about 55psi didn't like to start when hot. i'd turn the fuel pressure down and it would fire right up. i again found that the stock gm injectors didn't like higher psi when i had an fmu and anything above around 65psi would lock of the injectors.

just something i've seen. i doubt you are running into it. but doesn't hurt to know if your upping pressure to cover for small injectors.

find out what ecm your running like say a 165 and what bin code. normally $ something. then check the sticky above. they are broke down into which code your tuning. and it should help you alot. just make sure you keep an eye on the a/f, go slow and take notes.

the prom tuning guide link..

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...uide-book.html