DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

AUJP 4/6 bin file questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: y body
Engine: 396 sbc
Transmission: full manual 700r
Axle/Gears: 4.10:1
AUJP 4/6 bin file questions

First of all kudo's to all involved in this project. I have been hoping to see someone add an improved upper ve table as well as the WB inputs for some time. Thanks,
However I have a couple of basic questions. Are the values already installed, from a stock bin (sd map) or?? (based on the fact some of the tables etc. I am not familiar with). Since there are 3 available upper ve tables, to only use the one with extended and further defined in map values (20-25-30 etc.) will I need to edit the others out, or select through?
TIA , I appreciate all input.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Monte SS (730,$8D,G3,AP,4K,S_V4)
Engine: 406 Hyd Roller 236/242
Transmission: 700R4 HomeBrew, 2.4K stall
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Posi, 7.5 Soon to break
Re: AUJP 4/6 bin file questions

There is actually only 2 upper tables, The stock and the extended Z69' table.
The space for RBobs extended table was left allocated in case someone was already using his patch from several years ago.
It will not function using that table so your only choices are stock to 5600 and the extended version that is selected by setting the bit.
The extended table data (IIRC) extrapolated from the stock table.
I recommend using the stock table until you have the basic shape defined, then move the data to the extended table and smooth the additional values.
Perform more final tuning at that point.

The values in the bin are mostly stock AUJP with exceptions as listed in the docs (Both Traxions's original document and the V4 document)
V4 did not make many parameter changes, much of the work is code functionality for additional inputs, WB, OL idle, etc.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: y body
Engine: 396 sbc
Transmission: full manual 700r
Axle/Gears: 4.10:1

Originally Posted by JP86SS
There is actually only 2 upper tables, The stock and the extended Z69' table.The extended table data (IIRC) extrapolated from the stock table. I recommend using the stock table until you have the basic shape defined, then move the data to the extended table and smooth the additional values. Perform more final tuning at that point. The values in the bin are mostly stock AUJP with exceptions as listed in the docs (Both Traxions's original document and the V4 document) V4 did not make many parameter changes, much of the work is code functionality for additional inputs, WB, OL idle, etc.
Thanks,
That answers the question, as I didn't see any other bits in switches. (I assume I can zero out the original upper when using the new extended) Currently the tune on this motor is very good (no wot yet). I have found from tuning the different set-ups in mine over the last 3-4 years that many times I would be in "cracks" of both rpm and kpa. I could always get the tune good (128 BLM/14.7), but I found certain areas to be a "give and take" (ex.1800 @50-60kpa, decell @25 kpa etc.) and worked around it through using both timing and fuel. I always thought it would be great if I could have the added functionality through matching values of rpm and kpa.
I also like the other areas that appear more defined than the previous $8d's I've used in the past. I've noticed a AUJP 6 (posted on moates d.loads), does that contain any patches/fixes to the aujp4 version ? Other things that does comes to mind (not sure if this has been previously addressed)are; w/the additional changes (aside from wb) are there any issues datalogging or datastreaming I should be aware of using TTS?
I am looking forward to working with the new bin.this season, thanks again for your contribution and everyone else involved in making this happen.....

Last edited by mseven; 01-10-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Monte SS (730,$8D,G3,AP,4K,S_V4)
Engine: 406 Hyd Roller 236/242
Transmission: 700R4 HomeBrew, 2.4K stall
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Posi, 7.5 Soon to break

Pasted from the S_AUJP Thread

S_AUJP V4 1026.zip

The new version is mainly to correct the bin for use with the NVSRAM module.
This version has items changed so be careful when copying your current calibration info over. The extended table will need to be manually entered if you used it.
Read the doc for instructions Please.
Items at locations >L8993 will need to be manually re-entered because of relocation.

The XDF has been changed so that the NVSRAM version can use the same XDF as the std version.
XDF has suffix of "a" on it.

You can tell the new bin versions by looking at the Sequence # L8004
= 4A is the standard version for use in 730
= 4B is the NVSRAM version

I did add one feature to this version (V4 1026) that is not in the old one (V4 1024).
For myself and others who use a switcher, You can now have your program number at location L800A (Custom ID 1) for a zero to 15 display.
The ALDL can display this in the "Engine/Vehicle Speed Ratio" item (nobody uses that anyway) at item # 16.
Changes will be displayed instantly to show when the program changed.
The revised documentation has instructions how to set that up.

I've wanted to do that for some time now because its hard to mark logs at points where programs were changed. This will help identify what program was running at the time. Guys without switchers can still use this to identify versions if desired.

The Launch mode code still does not work. No ill effects, just doesn't do what I expected. Future version hopefully will have that corrected.
I've been running the bin for a couple weeks now and havn't seen any problems.
Please report any good bad or ugly.
If you are using the new version 1026, be sure to check the address in the XDF for the Extended VE table (Z69).
I goofed on the original release of that XDF file and had it addressed incorrectly.
To fix (or check to be sure its correct)
Highlight the item.
Press ""F2"
Change the address box to "09A0"
Save.

Table will now look correct
Jp