DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

730 afr tables tips for using afrtuner more effectively?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
730 afr tables tips for using afrtuner more effectively?

i'm trying to tune in open loop and i did some small changes to the afr table using afrtuner but due to the nature of the tables its hard to effect everything the way you want it

my commanded afr to actual afr (lc1 wb) is pretty darn close but commanded afr to what the engine wants is off a great deal

do you have any tips on using the program?

or maybe someone is willing to post there table so i can have something closer to modify?

p.s. i just hand typed my ve table into the extended one in saujp v4 and calculated the missing numbers (what a mind numbing b!tch)
Old 02-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Monte SS (730,$8D,G3,AP,4K,S_V4)
Engine: 406 Hyd Roller 236/242
Transmission: 700R4 HomeBrew, 2.4K stall
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Posi, 7.5 Soon to break
Re: 730 afr tables tips for using afrtuner more effectively?

The way to make commanded AFR = Actual AFR while in PE is to tune the VE tables correctly and THEN go and change the PE % adder tables.
You can use AFRTuner to obtain a result (as you did) but the overall tuning is not correct because the commanded doesn't match indicating things are not "adding up" correctly.
It really doesn't mean the car runs bad etc, just that you've reached a goal but will probably have many small issues concerning drivability during part throttle. As you tune in the BLMs for part throttle driving, your WOT AFR will be changing as well. They will be changing in percentages and not by direct values so its difficult (not impossible) to figure how much.

Scratch that! your Commanded IS matching, I read it too fast.
BTW, I though someone had made up a spreadsheet for doing the conversion to the bigger table with some smoothing in there but I can't find it now that I'm looking for it.
If I find it I'll post it up somewhere.

As far as the program goes, I haven't messed with it much but it did help to get the result where I wanted it.

Last edited by JP86SS; 02-29-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 224 Likes on 210 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check

scotte, the open loop AFR tables change the stoich value (in the calibration) by a percentage. There is a table vs MAP, and a table vs CTS (along with a scalar). You'll need to change one or both of the tables to adjust the commanded AFR. The two percentage changes are accumulative. First the CTS is factored into the stoich constant, then the scalar, then the MAP change.

RBob.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scotte, the open loop AFR tables change the stoich value (in the calibration) by a percentage. There is a table vs MAP, and a table vs CTS (along with a scalar). You'll need to change one or both of the tables to adjust the commanded AFR. The two percentage changes are accumulative. First the CTS is factored into the stoich constant, then the scalar, then the MAP change.

RBob.
i know this and i have tried to use afrtuner to get the right values but is seems like adjusting one value changes other and its like trying to solve a rubix cube i could sit for 12 hours on the program and not have it where i want it......... is anyone willing to post their tables?

i understand that i cant just plugin someone else's values into my bin and drive it but if i edited a bin with the new table and then ran that thru the afrtuner i may be several years ahead of me trying from scratch

i have read and completly understand the ecm logic in this situation with the map and cts tables i have had everything exactly right on the table but one or two cells so you change them and every other cell is now f###'d up