DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Hypothetical EBL VE Learn question ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hypothetical EBL VE Learn question ?

Is this possible?

Many of us use a WB datalogging system. The output signal of the WB can be used to simulate a NB. I believe the LE Learn within EBL can use the WB output signal to create a new.bin. Is it plausible the same WB signal could be used to "correct" the commanded A/F in PE and the bin created would be corrected for PE A/F? I am confident my commanded PE in my .bin is not matching my real A/F. I will find out next week when my WB is back up and running.

Maybe that is easier than asking for the same for AE Learn? Command a specific AE A/F based upon say resulting on begining and ending MAP when in AE? From what I have learned onset of AE is dependent on TPS change as well as MAP change.

I have tuned it with AETPS and AEMAP tables and filter coefficient. and most recently RPM multiplier. In my case increasing the RPM multiplier was beneficial. It was recently posted that the EBL dump log offers-by RBob:

Shows the delta TPS and MAP (dTPS & dMAP) along with the PW contribution and final AE PW.

Is this plausible in part(at least) ? Food for thought.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hypothetical EBL VE Learn question ?

I bet you could do it with PE. DOesn't the ECM do this anyway? takes a snapshot of BLM on entry of PE, if lean, adds fuel. if rich, no additional fuel...right? I think the BPC has a lot to do with commanded AFR's (and everything else...lol). My PE commanded is 13.0, but it reads 12.7/8 while in PE. The PE learn would also have to use the target PE AFR instead of 14.7, but that's easy. I only bring up BPC because my BPC is too high, by 1 or 2 points. My entire VE table runs about 13.9-14.5 while normal driving, plus the PE is rich like I said.
I bet the physics/fluid dynamics are too complex for AE learn. who knows. I bet you would have need combo-specific calculations for the AE. manifold, cam, runners, etc

Last edited by 91chevz71; 05-31-2007 at 05:15 PM.