DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

AXXC Bins no good???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Miata
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: Ford IRS 8.8" 3.08
AXXC Bins no good???

I have verified with tons of everyones help that I can not get the AXXC bin to work. It will run the car etc, but will not datalog. AUJP will datalog, so it must be a matter of an issue between the bins, Anyone know why that would be? They should be the same $8D def file correct? I am using tunerpro, is there an issue with the AXXC and it? Anyone succesfully use the AXXC bin, if so is Tunercat the answer? Or am I chasing my tail.
Other question is can I just use the AUJP bin and modify the constants and tables or is there something else to it?
305 ported/polished/balanced/ bigger valves, LT4 hotcam, yadda yadda yadda.
Thank you
Stephen
Old 02-23-2007, 02:31 PM

Car: 1988 Monte Carlo SS
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...real-axxc.html

Bottom line - there an AXXC bin on the net that is not stock. It has modifications to the ALDL code that threw me a loop too...
Old 02-23-2007, 05:55 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Death Mobile
Engine: 666 c.i.
The AUJP is designed for an automatic and there are lots of differences that make converting an auto bin for use on a manual car difficult.

There are other LB9 5speed bins for the SD setup. AXXD and AXYC are alternatives. I have attached a copy of the AXXD bin and zipped it for you. Give it a try a let me know how it works.

You can always compare the spark and fuel tables between this bin and your AXXC and modify as you find appropriate.

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
AXXD 8D.zip (15.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 PM

I know the problem he speaks of, there is an AXXC out there that doesn't communicate properly with TunerCat because it's ALDL mode 1 reply packet is wrong. I had the same problem! TunerCat expects the reply packet to start with 0xF4, but this bad bin that is out there starts the reply with 0x82...
Old 02-24-2007, 07:13 AM
TGO Supporter

He doesn't need to find the AXXC now, when he can use this AXXD. The two bins are probably very close except for a few minor differences in the VE & Spark tables, which he typcially would be modified anyway.

The important thing, he can do some quick testing to verify if the problem is truly with the AXXC bin that he has (if this bin does the same thing or not).

Sophinity can then just compare the differences in the various tables and constants and create a bin with the best of both. And if there are any differences, he can come back to this post and we can document what the specific differences between the AXXC and AXXD are.

As I recall in some of the posts I have read, Kevin91Z started with the AXXD as his base bin when he converted to an L98 with his setup.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:19 AM

Car: 1992 Miata
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: Ford IRS 8.8" 3.08
Thank You much Reaper for your help I will try that AXXD today and post the results. I got ya on the AUJP I think it was more frustration talking, but I could also buy or make some way of downloading the memcal as well is that correct? I think I saw something on Moates site? I have an AXXC memcal. I could then post the GOOD bin for everyones downloading pleasure?
I will see if I can make something from Radioshack to do that today as well and then compare het bins.
I have to go to the SHACK anyways as my stereo in my truck tok a dump, looks like a Sat filled with wiring woohoo?
I'll post the result at any rate. Thank you so much.....
Old 02-24-2007, 11:38 AM
TGO Supporter

Just read/save the bin from the Memcal (unless it is already from your system) and then overwrite the AXXD (as is) over it. That is what you could also do with a known good AUJP to verify that it was in fact the AXXC bin's handling of the ALDL port and not actually something wrong with the setup.

But if you DO find that you still cannot datalog with the AXXD, then use the your AUJP bin (I also have a known good AUJP bin from my own personal Memcal that I can give you if you want it) to verify). Because if the AUJP also doesn't datalog then you know that there is something wrong with how you are datalogging - and then we can look at that.

But, hopefully the AXXD will datalog properly for you and then you can compare the two bins (for VE, Spark, etc) and modify accordingly. It would also be interesting to see what the specific differences are between the two; though it is already suspected that the AXXC that you have is modified - so you really don't know how much is stock & how much is modified.

Good Luck.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:49 PM

This one (AXXC) is a good copy: http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28...b/axxc3067.bin
Old 02-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Formula WS6 (Black, T-Tops)
Engine: 383 MiniRam (529 HP, 519 TQ - DD2K)
Transmission: Built '97 T56, Pro 5.0, CF-DF
Axle/Gears: 4.11 posi Ford 9"
I've got a known good copy of AXXC as well if you need it. I used it as my original starting point and it datalogged just fine (both before and after I got the Ostrich). Drop me a PM with your e-mail to send it to if ya want it.