DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Still trouble datalogging 7730

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Miata
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: Ford IRS 8.8" 3.08
Still trouble datalogging 7730

So if anyone was following the thread, having major issues trying to datalog 7730. I Have exhausted all efforts.
Connects to ECM when memcal is in place, but when adapter and chip are in place will not connect to ecm. With chip and adapter, SES light functions properly, blinks off then back on when key to to ON position. Also when started goes out. When Diag port is grounded SES light functions normally, only spits code 12 now, was having issues before with a code 51 but that is cured now and only get a 12. SOOOO Any other ideas? Have the aldl wired as per the chevy thunder site. THis motor is in a Miata so harness and Aldl are all custom bits, but every wire has been verified including the serial data port on the ALDL. If there is any other avenue as to why my handheld ALDL tool and laptop talk to the ecm when the memcal is in place but not when the adapter chip combo is in? Not a pin off, chip is in right, verified the adapter with OHM meter and all connections are good, have checked everything I can think of, can't find any reason why it is being so stubborn? Any ideas please feel free to chime in. Car runs off of chip also, verified by changing parameters like idle and fueling and reburning and car showed signs of new settings. Very frustrated as trying to tune without datalog capacity seems rather goofy.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 AM

Car: 69 Camaro
Engine: LS1 converted to LS6
Transmission: 4L70
Axle/Gears: 12bolt 3:42
I had a datalogging problem for at least a year. I always thought it was the driver or a conflict or something like that. I ended up doing a VooDoo ritual on how to connect an used RS232 with my autoprom. For me the symptom was similiar. I could connect then start driving and it would stop almost immediately. I then would end up at my destination and not be able to connect for the world. I go home and connect immediately. This sort of behavior went on for a long time. I even called Craig directly and of course connected immediately on the phone. Some days I connected fine others I could not at all. I have a second OBD connector under the hood by the ECM. To make a long story short I used DataMaster one day and was driving and noticed that it stopped but then started again. I played with the wire and I could make it start and stop. With TP I never saw that. When I got home I took the 3 pins on the OBD connector and bent them out so the connector was very firm to push in. So far no datalogging problems anymore. Check you connection points!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 88 irocz
Engine: b2l 350
Transmission: corvette 4+3
Have you tried any other bin files like the S-AUJPv3 bin. I just tried modifing an AXXC bin with my settings and i cant get TunerPro to link up with my ecm. As soon as i go back to my modified S-AUJPv3 bin i have no problem getting TunerPro to link up. There may be some differences between the AXXC and AUJP bins that causes the xdf file in TunerPro to modify the wrong locations in the AXXC bin. Try burning a different bin to your chip but dont start the engine just turn the key on and see if TunerPro will connect to your ecm.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:07 AM

Awesome, I will try both of your suggestions, and post the results.
Thank you
Old 02-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Ok so I tried AUJP and that is definitely the issue here AUJP connects fine, AXXC and AXXD bins do not connect. SOOOOO Can I use the AUJP code and ust modify the tables? This is a 305 but will flow or out flow a stock 350. Question is is there anything in the bin like knock sensor, or other things that would be wrong with the AUJP code since it is meant for a 350. and when you say the AUJP V3 what has been changed over the standard AUJP bin?
Woooooohooooooo figuring it out BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:52 PM

I think from what I have read that the knock sensor stuff is in the limp home area of the memcaL?
Also I know the AXXC and AXXD have to work somehow? Is it an issue of Tuner pro maybe? Or my def file? Would Tuner cats be the solution? Or do I just have a bogus bin to start with that I downloaded from the moates file share site?
Thank YOu all so much, everyone has helped me out so much thus far and has been very patient as well!