DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Bin file Needed....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bin file Needed....

I was looking for someone with a similar setup as mine. Id like to borrow a modified bin file to compare to the stock chip (which I havnt pulled yet) As well as to try out and see how it does. Im hoping there will be someone running SD with a 2.73 rear end LT4 Hot cam 383 stroker... Maybe a long shot, but just a thought.

Also this may not be the place to ask this, but if anyone has a $8d ecm and tunercat Id love to talk to you. I still dont have the tdf file... I tried to buy all the software off of someone else and they said it was included but it was not...
Paul

------------------
90 Red Convertible
100k running great
ZAINO!!!
383 Stroked.... LT4 Hot Cam... Forged Elgen Pistons Scat 9000 Crank Elgen 5.7" rods New Lifters w/ 1.6 Rockers and hardened Pushrods Super Ram Intake Hooker Headers and Y pipe into Gutted Cat with Monza Mufflers (WAY TO LOUD!!) Adj Regulator K&N Shift Kit High stall converter 160 termo, ZR1 Rims.... Red Calipers....Alpine head unit, Kenwood 6x9 4 ways, Polk DX 6 1/2 compnents, MTX 240 amp, Viper 550 alarm,

www.corvetteforum.net/c4/nomar116/
Old 10-29-2001, 01:56 PM

Car: 78 Regal
Engine: 82 FBod LG4 305, 730 ECM
Transmission: M20
Axle/Gears: 4.10
A couple of things here.

Number one, you shouldn't ever ask someone to share their bin. First, because there is no guarantee that although their setup is close to yours that it's going to work. Second, it's not allowed. It's considered begging. Third, what would you have learned by copying someone elses work. I know this is the real world and not high school, but you're just cheating yourself.

Second thing is asking for someone to share or pirate a software. I know you're asking in the humblest way but if we are to continue to advance in this field of prom burning we have to support those that are supplying us with their hardwork. Sharing their work isn't helping any especially since you can get WinBin free as it is freeware.

Third thing is that you seem to be coming across as looking for some sort of short cut or looking to get over on the work involved in burning your own prom. I'm not the owner of this site. I'm not a moderator. I'm not an expert prom burner or efi genius. I'm simply trying to tell you that this isn't simple stuff and isn't to be taken lightly. Don't expect results without putting in hard work. Don't expect to burn a prom without having a prom burner, a prom editor, or a scanner. The feeling of accomplishment is wonderful. Just the other day I received my PP2 and got CM software working with a cable I made myself on a semi working ecm bench and was able to view my first burned prom. I can tell you the feeling was euphoria. It even made my wife happy I was so happy, and she couldn't care less about prom burning.

I forgot to tell you that you can view your factory prom by doing what is done in the prom burning intro to burn a prom that is still in the memcal. Or you can go over to DIYEFI and get the bin file from their library.

[This message has been edited by hectorsn (edited October 29, 2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 02:47 PM

I wrote a similar reply to yours dut deleted it at the last minute. I figured I'd let a moderator take care of this one! I agree 100% with your reply.
Jason
Old 10-29-2001, 04:28 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Death Mobile
Engine: 666 c.i.
Well, I won't have to say to much as Hector already has. So I won't reiterate what has already been said. You've been "beaten up" enough.

On the BIN issue, go to DIY-EFI.ORG as they have a lot already available. Most of it is stock, but a few are 'modified'.

As for the TDF, if you talk "nicely" to TunerCat, they often will supply you with a prior version of a TDF so you can evaluate the software. If you chose to buy it, then just request the $8D TDF and they will include it for you. The TDF is a whopping $20.00 plus you need their software.

On the issue of "running someone elses" BIN, you REALLY are missing the whole purpose of this Board and will not get the results that you could. There is a very fine line between a BIN that works "okay" and a BIN that works "GREAT". I have done over 150 "burns" just trying to optimize my spark. I am now VERY CLOSE on my car and the results are over .4 seconds from 20 MPH to 70 MPH (my testing standard). This will probably equate to over a 1/2 second in the quarter when I get a chance to test it.

FYI, the difference in my BINs to get this improvement is only 2-3* of spark advance "at the right spots". If someone else was to run my BIN, this BIN would probably run "okay" (or it may burn out their engine). It highly unlikely that it would be "optimal" due to the internal differencec between my engine and their engine, just due to "wear and tear".

Look at how many guys are "fighting" to get a couple of tenths, and how only a few degrees result in almost 1/2 second in improvement. There are guys who spend over a $1,000 just to get that kind of improvement.

All of us are very happy to share our knowledge on how you too can obtain this kind of improvement, but to get the actual improvement is going to require work (ie. testing, testing and more testing) to get your eprom optimal.

If you want a "quick fix", then I recommend to just contact either Ed Wright or Formato and have them burn you a custom eprom. They will most likely get your engine to run "okay". BUT, they won't be optimal either as they would not have spent the time testing it on your engine due to the outrageous amount of money they would have to charge you.