DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Lookin for stock on gm_ecm

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookin for stock on gm_ecm

Ok, I've searched and read many posts on this and other boards, downloaded nearly everything from th GM_ECM site. But, how on earth do I tell which is a stock 6E bin for an 89 vette? The AUJM6E is for a camero, AUJN6E is for a Firebird(or is it the other way around). There are lots of them out there with the word vet in them, but how to tell the stock from tuned? Oh, and what's the difference between their bin directory and their bin_lib directory? Is one stock and one not? Is it the very popular bin_lib/arap_6e? It's mentioned a LOT but never with the word STOCK in the same article.

Has anyone put together a site to list all this stuff? I would, if I could ever figure this out :-)
Old 08-29-2001, 09:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jcygan:
Ok, I've searched and read many posts on this and other boards, downloaded nearly everything from th GM_ECM site. But, how on earth do I tell which is a stock 6E bin for an 89 vette? The AUJM6E is for a camero, AUJN6E is for a Firebird(or is it the other way around). There are lots of them out there with the word vet in them, but how to tell the stock from tuned? Oh, and what's the difference between their bin directory and their bin_lib directory? Is one stock and one not? Is it the very popular bin_lib/arap_6e? It's mentioned a LOT but never with the word STOCK in the same article.
Has anyone put together a site to list all this stuff? I would, if I could ever figure this out :-)
</font>
Just start with an ARAP.
There are various flags and switches that need set depending on you application, ie vats, radiator fans. The answers are right here, for the options, once you get an editor, it will become more clear what you have to deal with. Don't even begin to try and learn all the ecm info., immediately.
It takes years of daily use to get some of down.
If you using a MAF system, the start with ARAP, get the editing software you'll be using. then read up on the tuning end of things. Then start off slowly, and take notes
Old 08-29-2001, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">But, how on earth do I tell which is a stock 6E bin for an 89 vette? </font>
You go to this site and enter the BCC.
http://holman.cs.uml.edu/~sdurphey/bccfind/

I believe all or most all the bins in bin_lib are stock.

If you really want to double check the bin BCC you are selecting, call a dealership and ask for the latest prom for the application you are working on.