DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

AFR at WOT on 94-95 LT1 w/MAF

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFR at WOT on 94-95 LT1 w/MAF

For those of you that have tuned their 94 or 95 LT1 using a wide band O2 sensor, how much difference have you found between the measured AFR and the value that you program into the ECM at WOT ? I understand the interaction between the % Change AFR vs Coolant and % Change AFR vs RPM table values. I 'd like to know how close the programmed value is to the measured value.

Thanks............
Old 08-13-2001, 10:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AquaMetallic94LT1:
For those of you that have tuned their 94 or 95 LT1 using a wide band O2 sensor, how much difference have you found between the measured AFR and the value that you program into the ECM at WOT ? I understand the interaction between the % Change AFR vs Coolant and % Change AFR vs RPM table values. I 'd like to know how close the programmed value is to the measured value.
Thanks............
</font>
I haven't had my WB on a LT1.
But, have hours on it with my GN.
The computed numbers are just that. If you lie in anyway to the ecm, then it's garbage in garbage out, as far as true readings go.
I've heard, that the ecm tends to read a little on the lean side, as a rule, YMMV.
My best combo to date was showing a commanded 11.8 and an actual of 12.25

I don't trust any one element as being correct.

Old 08-13-2001, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Grumpy. That seems to work out to an error of about 3.8% which isn't that bad since the injectors are +/- 2% and I imagine that the MAF is in that range. There's also the accuracy of the measuring device. Did you find the % error to be consistant at all the points you checked on the same car ?
Old 08-14-2001, 01:27 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AquaMetallic94LT1:
Thanks Grumpy. That seems to work out to an error of about 3.8% which isn't that bad since the injectors are +/- 2% and I imagine that the MAF is in that range. There's also the accuracy of the measuring device. Did you find the % error to be consistant at all the points you checked on the same car ?</font>
My WB is very fast responding, so I could read the individual swings as the ecm toggles back and forth across stoich., at idle and cruise. About the only really meaningful readings with it are at WOT. I generally run closed loop chips, and haven't needed to play withother areas.

with the limited playing I've done with the 95LT1, I'm impressed. Just took out a few degrees timing out at WOT, and a little fuel, and it's real nice.