DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Snooping around V6 bins

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snooping around V6 bins

A buddy of mine came to my house yesterday and asked me to burn him a custom chip for his 91 RS 3.1V6. He wanted the 115mph top speed removed. I said no problem. Got that taken care of. While we were in there we added a little more timing and made the PE A/R ration a tad leaner. He said all this made a BIG difference and now he can chirp second (damn I wish I had a 5 speed).

Anyway, while I was looking in there, I noticed the V6 bins have A TON of settings. I went gm_ecm's web site and downloaded the ecu files and one of the V6 bins they had in there. I was surprised! I wish my lowly V8 bin had that many little settings to play with

p.s. We also set a code 41 since we put the chip in my carrier on my (V8) memcal. Other then that the car ran just fine

------------------
92 Z28 L98 350
---------------
Ported and polished heads, ported stock TPI base, ported plenum, Comp Cams XR270HR-10 cam (lift .495/.502 duration 218/224 lobe separation 110), Edelbrock TES headers, LT4 valve springs, Crane AFPR, Flowmaster catback with LT1 style tips, MSD coil & wires.

Best ET 13.5@105 mph

"Take that auto, drop it in first, hold the brakes, stomp the gas and grin from ear to ear! :-)

http://www.truspeed.org/Members/Chev...dmondIndre.htm
Old 11-30-2000, 11:58 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Originally posted by Blade:
A buddy of mine came to my house yesterday and asked me to burn him a custom chip for his 91 RS 3.1V6. He wanted the 115mph top speed removed. I said no problem. Got that taken care of. While we were in there we added a little more timing and made the PE A/R ration a tad leaner. He said all this made a BIG difference and now he can chirp second (damn I wish I had a 5 speed).
Anyway, while I was looking in there, I noticed the V6 bins have A TON of settings. I went gm_ecm's web site and downloaded the ecu files and one of the V6 bins they had in there. I was surprised! I wish my lowly V8 bin had that many little settings to play with
p.s. We also set a code 41 since we put the chip in my carrier on my (V8) memcal. Other then that the car ran just fine
The minimum number of tables switches setting is 250 that I know of, and that is in a C3 ecm. Might look at the hacs at the ecmguys site, download it and see what all is available. Generally thou most guys don't bother with alot of the stuff available, just because there is no real need to.