DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

8f for tunerpro

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 IROC-Z / Turbo Grand Prix
Engine: 406 MPFI / 3.1 intercooled turbo
Transmission: 700r4 / HM282 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 4.10 / 3.91
8f for tunerpro

lets start off by saying this is my first post .i have learned tooo many things to list from this web site since late 2002 when i first started veiwing it.not to say any names but some of you guys really know your snhit and you know who you are.I really wont to put twin turbos on my fuel injected lt1 equiped 69 z-28. i have a 90 pontiac turbo grand prix.I have learned over the years how to tune the 730 ecm and understand the changes ive made for my 89 406 iroc z and feel that with what ive learned im ready to start with the turbo car.my problem is that when i veiw the hac for 8f(moates site)it does not look the same as the 730 hac. I can add things to my 730 ecu file with tunerpro when i need to but 8f is not the same to me.would any body be willing to do a 8f ecu file for me or better yet help understand how to do it for myself.maybe ive been looking at this computer toooo long or im just trying tooooooo hard please help.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: 8f for tunerpro

Originally posted by all spooled up
lets start off by saying this is my first post .i have learned tooo many things to list from this web site since late 2002 when i first started veiwing it.not to say any names but some of you guys really know your snhit and you know who you are.I really wont to put twin turbos on my fuel injected lt1 equiped 69 z-28. i have a 90 pontiac turbo grand prix.I have learned over the years how to tune the 730 ecm and understand the changes ive made for my 89 406 iroc z and feel that with what ive learned im ready to start with the turbo car.my problem is that when i veiw the hac for 8f(moates site)it does not look the same as the 730 hac. I can add things to my 730 ecu file with tunerpro when i need to but 8f is not the same to me.would any body be willing to do a 8f ecu file for me or better yet help understand how to do it for myself.maybe ive been looking at this computer toooo long or im just trying tooooooo hard please help.
The 8F is an extremely complex Mask.
You might try investigating using the 58 instead.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:49 PM

Received 225 Likes on 211 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
The $8F mask is closer to the $88 and $A1 masks then the $8D. This recent thread has info/links to finding info on those two masks:

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=302161

RBob.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Z69
Supreme Member

See if 92GTA will help you out.
He gathered up some 8F stuff.
8F info
But I'd go with the $58 instead.
Lot more people running it.
Lot more patches for things like a WB which you will need.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:45 AM

lets start off by saying thanks to those that responded.the only reason i wont to tune the tgp is to LEARN and UNDERSTAND how turbo cars work for my future project and lets face it i have one.(why not its pretty fast as is)i might be asking some stupid questions(who hasent)but here goes.grumpy what car used 58 code(tgn mabye)as far as the hack i can defently work with it. do you know where i can get an ecu and bin file to start with..do you know what changes would half to be made for my tgp to run this code.rbob are you saying to modify a stock 3.1 bin with the correct ecu file,as you would for a low boosted L98 and 730 or am i waaay off. if 92gta is out there any info on the 8f code would be a big help.my tgp is mint with 48000 miles and they did not make many i dont wont to butcher the car up but i reckon im willing to do what it takes for to get twin turbos on my 69Z28 plus ive got all the stuff to do it but my brain is holding me back.if any body is interested in trying to figure out the 8f code let me know.i aint scared yet jus mabye a lil stupid or hardheaded depending on who you are.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Z69
Supreme Member

Start up top at the stickies.

Stubborness can be an advantage when it comes to code learning.

cya in a few weeks.....

Seriously, lots of reading and searching....
You'll have to read a lot of the Fbody stuff to learn how to do this stuff and then apply it to the $58.

I haven't seen 92GTA around.
Do a search. You may have to email him.
There are a couple of other 8F guys around too.
Do a search.

Do you see a trend here?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:49 PM

Received 225 Likes on 211 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
rbob are you saying to modify a stock 3.1 bin with the correct ecu file,as you would for a low boosted L98 and 730 or am i waaay off. if 92gta is out there any info on the 8f code would be a big help.
The reason I brought up the link to the other information, is that the information found there is very close to the $8F mask. You mentioned trying to compare the $8F to $8D and found that they were different. Yep, very different at that.

There is some really good info on both the $88 mask and the $A1 mask. Those two and the $8F mask are all derived from the same code base. A LOT of similarities.

RBob.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Supreme Member

Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
grumpy what car used 58 code(tgn mabye)as far as the hack i can defently work with it. do you know where i can get an ecu and bin file to start with..do you know what changes would half to be made for my tgp to run this code.

my tgp is mint with 48000 miles and they did not make many i dont wont to butcher the car up but i reckon im willing to do what it takes for to get twin turbos on my 69Z28 plus ive got all the stuff to do it but my brain is holding me back.

if any body is interested in trying to figure out the 8f code let me know.i aint scared yet jus mabye a lil stupid or hardheaded depending on who you are.
The 58 code was used in Syclones/Typhoons, and in a few Trubo Sunbirds.

Experimenting, slowly, and taking notes with what you have would be the proper course of action. You'll have to just search around for finding the 8F stuff, I recall a partcial hac floating around at one time, but without many people using it, it's not something easily found.

There's a huge learning curve from a stock turbo setup to one making some serious HP. Detonation, and preignition become really serious items, you might search for Abnormal Combustion, and a link I posted to a really good article about them.

lil stupid, and hardheaded is good right up until you're out on a limb, and elect to be right, rather then concide a point. That can be really expensive.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:19 PM

thank you guys again for responding.lets start off by saying over a year ago i downloaded the basics of creating an ecu from a hack and the 8fzip.thank you mark m for turning me on to them(we have made several donations)since then ive been able to veiw the 165 and 730zip then through tunerpro add constants and flags for my 89 IROC and several friends cars.my main problem is when is when i look at the 8fzip(from moates site)i dont know how to tell stuff from a single or double bite no FCB or FDB.i am intersted in useing the 58 code on my 69 and would love to use 8f on my 90 tgp as a stepping stone in tuneing bewteen the two cars.my 69 will not have a whole lot of boost jus two lil garrett t-25s but the car is not even on the rottersie yet so i have plenty of time to figure this out. i plan an takeing the advice you guys suggested doing more searches and patience. thanks alot.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:06 AM

found 8fpcm at gmpcm and downloaded it.it works wonderfull.ive been useing it for a few days and can tell a whole lot of difference between my chip and stock.thanks to those of you that helped me.later