DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

autotap

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autotap

anybody try autotap or EFIlive?
Old 06-05-2005, 03:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
Have a friend who uses AutoTap.

I've borrowed it a few times to use on my other friends car we put the 00 LS1(88 GTA) into :-)

I dont have any complaints about it. Seemed like it was easy enought to use and connected fairly easily as well.

Great for jumping between cars on the expanded version if u play with/work on OBDII cars....

Only thing keeping me back is all the biderectional tuning/logging software changes going on in OBDII land right now :-)

The Tunercat stuff looks very very promising after I got to actually see it in person. But at this time its one way , ie tuning only.

HPtuners and another(name slips me right now) have tuning/loggin in one , so I'm kinda waiting to see hwo things settle for I dabble in the OBDII stuff on a personal level

later
Jeremy
Old 06-05-2005, 07:22 AM

I've just started helping a friend to tune an LS1 Holden Commodore with EFILive Flashscan.

Very good datalogging (especially when you're used to 160 baud '808) and you get a mass of data. Very cool dashboard style logging display. You can shift gear and lock the convertor from your laptop- very handy on a chassis dyno.

From what I understand, you get better protection against a frozen PCM using EFILive than some of the other packages.

This is nice software, but it's not classic DIY because you have to pay for a licence for each tune (unless you pay a fortune for the commercial version). And without a PROM burner and memcal adaptors, any idiot can do it- takes all the arcane pleasure out of EFI tuning :-)

John
Old 06-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Supreme Member

Thanks for the input! I downloaded the autotap software and it looks good. Figure it's worth alot more than the retail value, if you compare it to a Tech 2 scanner.

Bi-directional controls are not that important when doing general repairs...