DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Super AUJP timing questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 68 Camaro
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Super AUJP timing questions

I would first like to say the Super AUJP that Traxion and the others put together is helpful and apreciated. It has saved me alot of time especialy with emision deletes.

I have two question that deal with timing that was changed from stock AUJP to Super AUJP

1. Why was the Enriched Power Spark Advanced Vs Rpm zeroed and put into the main table? With the added fuel can you not add timing on top of the main in PE without detonation?

2. Why was timing added into the the Highway mode spark advance versus map table? With the leaner mixture why add spark and risk detonation?

I am sure there is something I am missing and would like to understand why these changes are made. Curently running Super Aujp with stock AUJP timing tables and Highway Mode disabled until I can get a grasp on the timing tables.

Any help would be apriciated and Thanks again for the work done on the Super bin.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
Re: Super AUJP timing questions

Originally posted by First/Thrid Gen
I would first like to say the Super AUJP that Traxion and the others put together is helpful and apreciated. It has saved me alot of time especialy with emision deletes.

I have two question that deal with timing that was changed from stock AUJP to Super AUJP

1. Why was the Enriched Power Spark Advanced Vs Rpm zeroed and put into the main table? With the added fuel can you not add timing on top of the main in PE without detonation?

2. Why was timing added into the the Highway mode spark advance versus map table? With the leaner mixture why add spark and risk detonation?

I am sure there is something I am missing and would like to understand why these changes are made. Curently running Super Aujp with stock AUJP timing tables and Highway Mode disabled until I can get a grasp on the timing tables.

Any help would be apriciated and Thanks again for the work done on the Super bin.
Zeroing out the Power Enrich spark advance is done in order to make things much simpler. Basically, whenever you are at 100kPa you are at WOT. A LOT of tuners do this ... and it makes sense if you think about it. I have yet to hear a positive argument for keeping the power enrich spark advance table. It is really nice to look at the main table and see EXACTLY what your timing is going to be (not that the addition is hard ).

With regard to the highway spark ... the stock values I have seen to be quite safe on multiple cars. Tweaking the highway mode params just pushes things more in the direction of what I have seen to work. If it doesn't work for you then simply change it up.

I really wish that 'others' would have worked with me on this project. As it sits, I did everything. That's too bad because things always turn out better when multiple people work on it.

Tim
Old 03-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: Re: Super AUJP timing questions

Originally posted by TRAXION
I really wish that 'others' would have worked with me on this project. As it sits, I did everything.
If you hadn't been stuck on doing the 8D, those interested in the 58 may have helped. As it was your actions served to split the two factions. At least the 58 soruce code got done, and public domained.

*Did Everything*, isn't that kind of a gross overstatement?, lots of people pioneered reverse engineering the gm code long before you came along.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
Grumpy,

Simply put: STFU. Everything you just said has absolutely no bearing on this topic. There was absolutely no interest posed to me about doing the $58. So, if I didn't know about it ... then how the heck can I even pursue it? Plain old Grumpy stating absolute crap in order to bring up a situation that doesn't even exist. Futhermore, even if somebody did ask me to work on the $58 I would have told them NO because I don't have a $58 on my car and I believe in real world testing unlike some people who run 99% of their stuff on the bench. Split the 2 factions? Bah. Whatever. I didn't even know there was 2 factions. We're just all working together on various items ... we're not enemies. Sounds like you are putting people against each other again. Classic Grumpmeister Brown.

Reverse engineering the code ... rofl. Ok. I'm also going to give credit to the guys who designed the 68HC11. Hey you guys who designed the 68HC11 ---- THANK YOU for helping me put together a modified AUJP for other tuners to use. Oh yea: A BIG THANK YOU also goes out to Jim Grinvet's ******* which helped determine the speed of electrons due to a negative collapse in the ether of the atmosphere when he was soldering with a new type of solder on a cold day when the sky was slightly covered with clouds as he sat on a barstool in east bumfu(k.

My thanks goes out to the following people (in no specific order):
RBob: His continued professional manner without insult has always made me truly respect him. He has also contributed much and has helped me out on many occasions by pointing me in the right direction without being so esoteric that I actually have a chance of figuring it out. I'm always willing to put time in. His discoveries, advice, and patches have helped bigtime.
Z69: Thank you for sharing your fix for the big cube stuff. You've helped out more people than you realize. I know of at least 3 people who I personally know that immediately benefitted from this. Great job!
My friends who shall remain nameless for protection: You know who you are. Thanks for testing stuff out, bringing up other ideas, trying new stuff, allowing me to work on your high $ setups, and providing other patches that have helped. You guys rock.

Tim